[ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
therube

Re: [ext] FlashGot 1.1 - Mass Media Downloader

Post by therube »

FlashGot All is giving me a hung progress indicator.
It remains on all tabs in the window.
And nothing is FlashGot'd.

Neither flashgot.fgt.done nor flashgot.log are showing any activity (relating to FlashGot All).

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@therube:
last minute regression fixed in 1.1.1.1, thanks!
cokie69

What happened to stealth.to?

Post by cokie69 »

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you all...

I'm trying to d/l some stuff hosted at stealth.to. I read that Flashgot is supposed to be able to batch-download links from this site. Problem is that I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't.

Take this one for example:
http://stealth.to/?go=captcha&id=fpl6fz ... 1zmz3hrju4

there are two links... they redirect to rapidshare.

How would I batch-download this?. I've tried clicking on the Flashgot icon on the toolbar, etc... but in none of the cases I get the RS links.. I know I can d/l individually of course, but in other examples in which there're many more files it's very tedious!.

What I am doing wrong?. Didn't this use to work in the past, or I'm being confused by some other d/l service?.

THanks
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@cokie69:
A change in stealth.to captcha system apparently broke FlashGot compatibility.
It's the second time it happens, I'll try to restore compatibility in next development build, so stay tuned and watch this topic.
Kestrel757

Post by Kestrel757 »

Not sure if this is related. With 1.1.1.1:

Clicking Ctrl+F2 on download links and specifying the path of where to download to, no longer puts the incomplete link into that folder (using Getright). When starting the download, the file is actually downloaded to a different directory, seemingly one that was used historically, rather than the one selected on the menu for Ctrl+F2.

Have found that clicking Alt plus each individual link works OK, although will be a chore if there are loads of files.

Is it possible to temporarily revert to 1.1.1.0 where this worked OK, or is a fix imminent?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Kestrel757:
all the recent previous versions are here:
http://flashgot.net/feed

Also, this is probably a regression from the new FlashGot Media "force name" code for GetRight, so you're probably better off downgrading to 1.1, rather than 1.1.1

It will be surely fixed in next development version, too.
FlashMan61

Post by FlashMan61 »

Flashgot has been a lifesaver!! Can you guys add a

"Download all to" and then have a list of pre-defined folders that rotate?
i.e. download_01
download_02

I find myself having to create new folders manually every time, it would be awesome if it just had the date + roote name of the site you were downloading from (www.cnn.com - date - etc)

Go to this site to see how you guys helped me

http://www.tv.com/tina-fey/person/40079/photos.html

The photos they've disabled the right click so I just used flashgot to "download all", I need reference photos for poses, it's so weird how they post stuff in public yet don't want people to download them, yet they can either 1) Screenshot it or 2) retrieve it from cache anyway..

Stupid people...

Thanks flashgot guys!

The rotating - autonaming would be a wonderful feature on the menu... see if you can't get it in, I'd happily test the build for you! :)
johne_3065

Post by johne_3065 »

johne_3065 wrote:Also if I start a download, and not schedule it, and then pause it and set to schedule, it continues to download. Is this a bug? In fact there seems to be many problems with the scheduler part of Orbit. I see in the Orbit forum that many users have reported the same problems.

Is there any other download accelerator that works with Rapidshare and Flashgot, and for which the scheduler part of the downloader works also?

The second question concerns Mediafire. Is there any progress with trying to get Flashgot to work with Mediafire, so that all files can be downloaded at once, similar to how it works with Megaupload and Rapidshare?

Cheers.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@FlashMan61:
Since in most cases is the download manager to decide where to save stuff, rather than FlashGot, the feature you're asking for would work only with some download managers such as "Built In", GetRight, Download Studio and maybe a few others.
Which one are you currently using?

@johne_3065:
Most supported download managers should work with RS and MU (provided they handle cookies), but I can't tell for sure if their scheduling capabilities suit your needs (they should, though).
You may want to start trying the free ones, such as FDM and FlashGet.
The most feature complete are ReGet and Download Studio, but they're both shareware.
Also filing a bug report to Orbit Downloader guys is surely a good idea.
Pelias

Post by Pelias »

I did a clean install andnow flashgot won't detect reget (I installed reget deluxe 5.2, then flashgot). Is there anything that can be done about it?
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
FlashMan61

Post by FlashMan61 »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@FlashMan61:
Since in most cases is the download manager to decide where to save stuff, rather than FlashGot, the feature you're asking for would work only with some download managers such as "Built In", GetRight, Download Studio and maybe a few others.
Which one are you currently using?

See here: is it not possible to add something like a "sent to" except "download to"? See picture here:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ ... r_woot.jpg

have you ever thought about replacing the right click context menu, would it involve a lot of work? I'm thinking about putting up a job on rentacoder to pay someone to do just that. I have excellent ideas for UI design, just not the coding talent to implement them. If you're up for it I'll post the job on rentacoder, you could give me a quote and get back to me. (I want to make better user interfaces anyway :))
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@FlashMan61:
As I said, forcing a download directory would work only for some download managers.
You didn't tell me which one you're using.

@Pelias:
You must enable either the ReGet Firefox extension or the IE integration during ReGet installation.
FlashMan61

Post by FlashMan61 »

Giorgio Maone wrote:@FlashMan61:
As I said, forcing a download directory would work only for some download managers.
You didn't tell me which one you're using.

@Pelias:
You must enable either the ReGet Firefox extension or the IE integration during ReGet installation.

I'm not using one, if you discount flashgot. I'm just using firefox regular, all I want to do is have it auto-create directories, is that hard?