[ext] NoScript 1.8 - Your Browser is YOURS

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pcguy99

Re: [ext] NoScript 1.8 - Your Browser is YOURS

Post by pcguy99 »

Frustrated with 1.8.9.2 of Noscript which prevents me from using Evernote's Firefox Webclipper. Every time I use the webclipper NoScript pops up a XSS warning there by screwing up the small Evernote login box preventing me from logging into Evernote and saving the webpage. I have added www.evernote.com and evernote.com to the whitelist without any affect. I can do a Unsafe Reload which brings up the Evernote small window which tells me that I am not logged in. This process gets tedious.
aaditya

Allowing Top Level Domains

Post by aaditya »

It would be very convenient to have the ability of whitelisting some top level domains like edu, gov etc.
As of now, only second level domains can be whitelisted. I believe this feature will be really handy.

- Dragon
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi Giorgio Maone,

We cannot do our browsing without NoScript. When the site mentioned below in the link was reported to have exploitable JS obfuscation on it, and malware known a.o. as MSIE DHTML CreateControlRange Code Exec, the normal in-browser link-checkers like WOT, finjan, McAfee SiteAdvisor and DrWeb's av link checker plug-in did not alarm, and were at fault, because there was imminent danger and the threat was reported by scanning with Norton Safe Web and Exploit Prevention Lab's LinkScanner, see for a description of the initial site (link there broken) and name of the malicious code:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic= ... #msg352373

"Uff", glad I go to these places with NoScript having "Scripts Currently Forbidden" =D>
How many times NoScript has kept these dangers at bay for me and those that use it wisely, is hard to tell, but they must have been numerous times,

Thanks Giorgio for NoScript,
Fx forever
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@pcguy99:
latest development build, version 1.8.9.6, contains specific hacks which should work around the several bad things Evernote does which used to make it incompatible with NoScript.

@EVERYBODY:
Please hurry up testing this version, because if no show-stopper is found in the next 12 hours it's gonna be pushed as a stable update.

@aaditya:
you can't because of Mozilla internals limitation (and that's a good thing IMHO).
However you can use the noscript.whitelistRegExp about:config preference, which is basically an anchored regular expressions for sites you want to be temporarily added on the fly when they're met.
In your case, it should be set it to

Code: Select all

.*\.(?:edu|gov)
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

@Giorgio:
unofficial development build link on getit page still points at http://software.informaction.com/data/betas/noscript-1.8.9.5.xpi
I'll try downloading http://software.informaction.com/data/betas/noscript-1.8.9.6.xpi and see if that works.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Alan Baxter:
fixed, thanks
Lassar

Post by Lassar »

:(

I have been trying to figure why and I can't get Google Adwords keyword tool to work. I finally found the problem to be with NoScript.

How do I adjust noscript options to to work with adwords keyword tool ? I already have "scripts globally allowed" checked.
-
Curious about the FCC GROL License ?
chris-da-gamba

Post by chris-da-gamba »

Hello Mr. Maone,

first I want to thank you for this neat piece of software!
A little problem though: I'm using an online bookmarking service called Mento (http://www.mento.info) and although i've whitelisted mento.info NoScript is constantly blocking the little popup window normally generated by mento.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help and keep up the excellent work!
Chris
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Lassar, Chris-da-gamba:
they're both working fine for me on latest version, 1.8.9.7.
I suspect your problems are due to Google Analytics, and they're worked-around for me by the new "Script Surrogates" feature.
Could you check with the new version, and if the problem persist explain clearly the steps to reproduce it?
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hey Chris-da-Gamba,

There is also a possibility that ABP might block this, and you then have to exclude it in blockable items,
I experienced this with link checker images once,

luntrus
Fx forever
pcguy99

Post by pcguy99 »

Thanks for the Evernote fix. The development build fixed it.
Leojpf

Post by Leojpf »

Good evening,

I noticed some odd behavior with this page: http://www.kwikset.com/Support/Contact/default.aspx

Clicking "Kwikset Support (English)" does nothing. I checked the list of blocked sites and see quickset.com, which I grant temporary permissions. The link still does not work, so I check the list of blocked sites and notice that google-analytics.com shows up. Once I allow it, the link works. What I can't figure out, however, is why google-analytics.com doesn't show up until I allow scripts for quickset.com. Is this a bug or are they doing something unusual?

Thanks!
Areian

Post by Areian »

Heya.

I've been using NoScript for a while and been immensely satisfied with it.
However, after my latest install it will only allow me to whitelist Base 2 domain names. I have set it to Full domain, but for some reason it's still only showing base 2 names in the quick allow/deny menu you get when clicking on the icon. I could of course manually enter the full domain name, and the whitelisting works on the full domain if I do, but it's rather cumbersome to open the whitelist window an enter each domain name manually, especially when the left-click menu used to work just fine.

Hope this gets fixed soon (and if it's a problem with my setup pointers to resolve the issue would be much appreciated).
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

@Areian:
It's still working fine for me (I use full domain as well), therefore I suspect some kind of random misconfiguration.
Could you try NoScript Options|Reset?
ovesh

unknown bug in Noscript?

Post by ovesh »

I have started to use a groupware as part of my work.
It's a Japanese product called Group Session.

http://www.gs.sjts.co.jp/v2/index.html
Here's a download link (it's free):
http://www.gs.sjts.co.jp/v2/download/index.html

It is hosted in our VPN on port 8081. The main page displayed is made of 2 frames, where the bottom frame is refreshed periodically.
The bug: Whenever I change the permissions on any tab, the groupware tab asks me it is OK to refresh the page (the message you get when you try to refresh a page submitted with a POST request).

Any ideas?