[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Patrick Dark

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Post by Patrick Dark »

uncoolcentral wrote:Alt+D is already mapped for me, thusly:
name: focusURLBar2, id: focusURLBar2, shortcut: Alt+D, code:
openLocation();
I wish I had read this before submitting the extension for review (with Alt+D); I missed the conflict. I've gone ahead and withdrawn the first version of the extension from AMO.

I believe that the Alt+D shortcut can be reappropriated since there are three shortcuts that serve the same function: Alt+D, Ctrl+L, and F6. Five, if you count the two for the search bar: Ctrl+E and Ctrl+K. I've never used it to focus the address bar and Ctrl+L seems more intuitive for that purpose anyway. Reappropriation is simply a matter of disabling the existing shortcut.

However, in the interest of compatibility, I probably shouldn't...
uncoolcentral wrote:So is Ctrl+Alt+T:
name: Open Tab Here [ColorfulTabs], id: colorfulTabsOpen, shortcut: Alt+Ctrl+T, code:
colorfulTabs.openTabHere();
ColorfulTabs' Ctrl+Alt+T apparently opens the tab adjacent to the selected tab as opposed to Ctrl+T, which opens the tab at the end of the tab list. It seems like a useful function, but it doesn't have anything to do with colorful tabs, so I'm not sure why it's part of that extension. Best not to create a conflict though, I suppose.

Alt+T is apparently out of the question. It isn't mapped, but it triggers the Tools menu in the menu bar even when the menu bar is hidden.

There's Alt+C with C for "copy". But if I utilize the term "Tab Duplication" in the extension title, it doesn't seem as elegant. I guess there's "Tab Copying".

Lastly, there's Alt+/, which is what I'm leaning toward next. A slash could symbolize splitting a tab and the shortcut can still be invoked with two keys and one hand.
Know that nothing is impossible; it is merely a matter of difficulty. —personal mantra
Patrick Dark

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Post by Patrick Dark »

OK, so this is published with Alt+/ as the shortcut at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ksftd.

There's no GUI and no customizability in this version.
Know that nothing is impossible; it is merely a matter of difficulty. —personal mantra