[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Wiz99

Duplicate Tab 0.2 will not run or install under Firefox 1.0

Post by Wiz99 »

The extensions page says that dupliacte tab should work under Firefox 1.0PR, but when I try to install it, it says it is only supported up to 0.9.1+. This has become such a useful extension for me, I really want it to work with the newly released version. Does the extension need to be updated to allow for it to be installed under 1.0PR?

Thanks.
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

It should work in here. I just installed it using 1.0 PR.
edit: forgot the link... http://www.twannos-extensions.tk/

I have one personal request for Twanno (or anyone that can help me solve it). I don't really like the duplicate tab menu that is in the context menu that says duplicate in... 1. new tab, 2. new window. I always just click new tab. So, would it be difficult to "hack" it and change it so there is no menu, just one context menu item that says duplicate tab. I think that's how it was originally.

Lastly, how can I only have the context menu item viewable when I right click the tab and not when I click a link, or whatever. Sorry, if this is asking too much. If it's too big of a trouble, then ignore me :)

Thanks.
twanno

Post by twanno »

So, would it be difficult to "hack" it and change it so there is no menu, just one context menu item that says duplicate tab. I think that's how it was originally.

There's a new release coming up soon. It will have shortcut keys and an option for how you want to have the duplicate tab context menu items displayed.
Lastly, how can I only have the context menu item viewable when I right click the tab and not when I click a link, or whatever. Sorry, if this is asking too much.

The duplicate tab context menu should not show up when right clicking anywhere on a browser page, only when right clicking a tab. If the context menu does show up on a browser page, it's a bug. But then it will probably be fixed in the next release.

Twanno
Tessmctessy

Post by Tessmctessy »

Are there any plans to make an option to allow the duplicate tab option appear in the context menu when clicking anywhere on a page? It's not a huge deal or anything, I just always thought it'd be better than always going up to the tab. Thanks

Tess
twanno

Post by twanno »

Tessmctessy wrote:Are there any plans to make an option to allow the duplicate tab option appear in the context menu when clicking anywhere on a page? It's not a huge deal or anything, I just always thought it'd be better than always going up to the tab.

Yes, there will be an option for this.

Twanno
twanno

Post by twanno »

soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

Cool. Nice update. The context menu thing didn't entirely work for a minute, but then it worked after changing some of the options and restarting. Thanks!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I tried to update from the extensions window, and it wouldn't go.

Can I just install this one, or do I need to "uninstall" the older one first?

Thanks.
twanno

Post by twanno »

sasquatch wrote:I tried to update from the extensions window, and it wouldn't go.

Can I just install this one, or do I need to "uninstall" the older one first?

Thanks.

As explained in the Tab Clicking Options thread, there was not an update URL present. You can just install this new version, without uninstalling the previous version.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I just tried clicking on the link above and got:

"Not Found

The requested URL /pub/mozdev/twanno/duplicatetab-0.3 was not found on this server."
nunomira

Post by nunomira »

FF 2 | TB 2 | Win XP
onemen

Post by onemen »

This is an excellent Extension I use it usually with the shortcut-key.

When I select tabs with ctrl-click its only work if I point the mouse to the bottom or upper prat of the tab.
If I point to the middle part of the tab on the text the ctrl-click doesn't work.

When I right click on the tab the same apply for the context menu. It's only appearing if I right click the bottom or upper prat of the tab.
If I right click on the tab text in the middle regular menu appear.

Is it a bug?

I use Firefox 1.0PR on windows xp professional.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I am also seeing this behavior. It only works for me if I click the bottom of the tab. Could Tab-X have anything to do with it?
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

It's definitely conflicting with Tab X. Just disabled my Tab X and boom.. normal behavior.
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
onemen

Post by onemen »

I disabeld Tab X and now it's work fine.......
I hope thet the conflicte will fix soon so i can reuse the Tab X.