[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Toeb

Post by Toeb »

Awesome response time! You misunderstood my question though ;-)

Some pages open links in new tabs without you even asking for a new tab. I was wondering whether you would be able to also duplicate the history in those cases.
twanno

Post by twanno »

I indeed misunderstood you a bit.
But again: No links are automatically opened in duplicate tabs. You have to do something for it. So there is currently no way to have a link with e.g. target="blank" open in a duplicate tab automatically.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Any chance of getting this to install/run in current SeaMonkey (SuiteRunner) builds? Should be just a matter of updating the install.rdf file. Somebody was asking for this in the Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey thread.

Phil
twanno

Post by twanno »

An update of Duplicate Tab is being worked on right now. Support for current SeaMonkey trunk builds will be included in that version. Also it will have some new features, but it is not quite ready yet and I can't tell how long it will take before it will be finished.
I am sorry but users of SeaMonkey nightlies will have to be patient for now.

Twanno
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Do you mind if I port the current version of Duplicate Tab to SuiteRunner?

Phil
twanno

Post by twanno »

No of course not,

The following changes are necessary to make it work:
in file chrome.manifest:
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/twa ... 2=1.17&f=h
in file install.rdf:
http://www.mozdev.org/source/browse/twa ... 2=1.36&f=h
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've ported over 80 Firefox and Thunderbird extensions to SeaMonkey 1.0/1.1 as well as to SuiteRunner as seen here and I'm the co-author of the only tutorial around on how to do so, so I think I know my way around by now :).

Cheers,

Phil
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

twanno wrote:An update of Duplicate Tab is being worked on right now. Support for current SeaMonkey trunk builds will be included in that version. Also it will have some new features, but it is not quite ready yet and I can't tell how long it will take before it will be finished.
I am sorry but users of SeaMonkey nightlies will have to be patient for now.

Twanno

It would be most appreciated if you could maybe do an interim release with just the compatibility part and another later one to add the newer features if at all possible. Same with your Tab Clicking Options extension. Please and thank you.
heraldo

Post by heraldo »

Is there a Firefox3 compatible version of this extension on the horizon?
latichever

Firefox 3

Post by latichever »

I'd also like to know if you are planning a version for firefox 3. Thanks.
kliu0x52

Post by kliu0x52 »

Firefox 3 includes a built-in tab duplication feature (hold Ctrl while dragging a tab on the tab bar), but it would still be nice to have the other features offered by DT, such as merging windows.
My addons: NoRedirect | QuickDrag | URL Flipper | TabSubmit
Developers: Make sure to test your addons for RTL compatibility!
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

I have it installed using some other extension, but I think there are other problems, so I don't always have it on. The only reason I have this extension is for the merge windows option. I wish this could be broken out on its own.
skipass

Post by skipass »

Unfortunately, FireFox3 doesn't have a shortcut for it.
farbles

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Post by farbles »

Duplicate Tab has stopped working in my copy of Firefox 3. I get this error message in the console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "getTabState"' when calling method: [nsISessionStore::getTabState]" nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://duplicatetab/content/duplicatetab.js :: anonymous :: line 628" data: no]
A_Phoenix

Re: [Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Post by A_Phoenix »

Our Duplicate Tab v1.0.2 just died on FF v2.0.0.15 also. The last Extension we installed was FoxTorrent v1.13, if I remember right. All was well before the last FF2 update and adding FoxTorrent.

Can anyone else confirm this?
"IGNORANCE? - It may be "Bliss" for those who have it...
__________ but it's -Agony- for those who don't!"

Robert Gregory: Lombard (2005)