[Ext] Duplicate Tab 0.9 [2007-01-18]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pariswd

Post by pariswd »

Bad news. The problem showed up again today.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Could you give detailed steps on what you did before the problem started to show up again? I have tried to reproduce with all the extensions installed you listed, but I can't. Does the blank tab have a back history?
Are you really sure there are no errors listed in the error console?

thanks,
Twanno
EddieHu

Post by EddieHu »

Can anyone help with a hopefully SIMPLE problem?
When I click on an unvisited link with the MIDDLE, to open a Duplicated tab, the link doesn't change color to show that it has been visited. The last version it worked for was 0.7.3
And it is no longer compatible with the newest release of firefox today.
twanno

Post by twanno »

EddieHu wrote:Can anyone help with a hopefully SIMPLE problem?
When I click on an unvisited link with the MIDDLE, to open a Duplicated tab, the link doesn't change color to show that it has been visited. The last version it worked for was 0.7.3

Hi EddieHu,

This is a bug in Duplicate Tab, I wasn't aware of yet. So thanks for reporting. It slipped in when I made Duplicate Tab compatible with the extension Reveal (Page 6 from this thread and onward).

I guess the problem where people get an empty page in Firefox 2.0 when opening a link in a duplicate tab, is also caused by the code needed to be compatible with Reveal. If I can't find a solution for both problems without loosing compatibility with Reveal, I will have to drop that compatibility.

EddieHu wrote:And it is no longer compatible with the newest release of firefox today.

Try checking for updates for Duplicate Tab in the add-ons manager. It should be compatible now.

Thanks,
Twanno
EddieHu

Post by EddieHu »

^ Hey thank you for posting. I never thought you would have seen it, because you haven't posted in over a month.
So the history will show up now? Thanks!
twanno

Post by twanno »

EddieHu wrote:So the history will show up now? Thanks!

Not yet, it's only compatible now with Firefox 2.0.0.1.
Quantifier

Post by Quantifier »

Hi,

I have some problems after upgrade to version 0.9 - I can no longer merge windows with ctrl+shift+m. I tried using context menu on tab, changing key shortcut with keyconfig and disabling all other extensions - nothing worked.
Does this happen to other people too?

I have Firefox 1.5.0.9.
twanno

Post by twanno »

Hi Quantifier,

Is there any error in the Javascript Console (Tools -> Javascript Console) after you try to merge windows?
Does uninstalling Duplicate Tab, restarting Firefox, reinstalling Duplicate Tab, restarting Firefox fix it?

regards,
Twanno
Quantifier

Post by Quantifier »

Ah, I totally forgot about javascript console.

It shows warning and then error:
reference to undefined property currentWindow.navigator.userAgent.split("(")[1]
Source File: chrome://duplicatetab/content/mergewindows.js Line: 629

Looks like not many people will run into this issue. I have had "general.useragent.override" set to simply "Firefox" since a long time ago. I just commented the platform checking in line 629, and merging works again.

Thanks for your time.
Ziggytb

Request for Enhancement

Post by Ziggytb »

Hi Twanno,
This is a great extension! I like the merging and the history cloning.

I also do most of my browsing with keyboard navigation. It would be great if, when a tab is duplicated, the focus was returned to the page that is being browsed instead of being on the text in the address bar.

That way one could continue browsing using the arrow keys or page up and page down keys, without finding the mouse and clicking down on the page just so the navigation keys work for browsing again, instead of just in the text entry box for the address.

This is not a bug in the extension. I'm just saying it would make keyboard navigation easier. Maybe there could be a switch for where you would like the focus to end up after duplication?

Thanks for making this extension. I'll continue to use it!
Ziggy
twanno

Re: Request for Enhancement

Post by twanno »

Ziggytb wrote:It would be great if, when a tab is duplicated, the focus was returned to the page that is being browsed instead of being on the text in the address bar.

I'll definitely try to find a good way to implement this. A switch is a good suggestion.
Toeb

Request: Replace "Open Tab in new Window" as stand

Post by Toeb »

Hey,

Thanks for this great extension! Often times I open new tabs with Ctrl + Click or with a middle click of my mouse. Would it be possible to automatically duplicate the tabs I open this way? This would really make this extension perfect!

Regards
Toeb
twanno

Post by twanno »

Toeb wrote:Thanks for this great extension! Often times I open new tabs with Ctrl + Click or with a middle click of my mouse. Would it be possible to automatically duplicate the tabs I open this way? This would really make this extension perfect!

If you are talking about Ctrl+clicking or middle clicking on links, that is already an option in Duplicate Tab: go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Select Duplicate Tab in the extensions list and click Options. There is an option called "use middle click to open links in a duplicate tab" check it to make it work.

Twanno
Toeb

Post by Toeb »

twanno wrote:If you are talking about Ctrl+clicking or middle clicking on links, that is already an option in Duplicate Tab: go to Tools -> Add-ons -> Select Duplicate Tab in the extensions list and click Options. There is an option called "use middle click to open links in a duplicate tab" check it to make it work.

Twanno

Thanks for the quick response! Worked very well. Now the only thing I'm missing is that even those web pages, that open links in a new window (target="blank") will also take the history of their parent tab with them
twanno

Post by twanno »

from http://twanno.mozdev.org/duplicatetab/ , introduction - last section:

Further more Duplicate Tab allows you to open a link in a duplicated tab. This option is available in the context menu of a link. The current tab is first duplicated, along with its history, and then the link is opened in that duplicated tab.
You can also open a link in a Duplicate Tab by Ctrl + middle click on the link, while ctrl + shift + middle clicking a link opens the link in a duplicate tab in a new window. If that is a too uncomfortable way to open a link in a duplicate tab, there is also an option which allows you to just middle click on a link to open it in a new tab. Setting this option also opens a link in a duplicate tab by ctrl+clicking on it and shift+clicking will open the link in a duplicate tab in a new window.

No links are automatically opened in duplicate tabs.

Do you want any more information? ;)
And how do you like my response time now? :P