[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bolidew

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by bolidew »

Hi haselnuss,

Just a suggestion.
Since you are actively responding here, maybe it is better to put the link to this thread into the AMO page's "Support" section or even as the "Homepage"?
That may get you more feedback of this great project.

Thanks.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

@haselnuss:
I missed the last two Scrapbook Plus updates because it's still in the sandbox. AMO still doesn't use the update mechanism to notify us of updates to "experimental" addons. Could you post here whenever you update it?

TIA, and thank you for continuing to keep Scrapbook Plus working smoothly.
scop

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x - import feature issue

Post by scop »

Hi all,

Thanks haselnuss for your great work on this improved extension, I reported some bugs via email last year you may remember (Tim). :wink:

Just wondering if you are any of the other users have had the same problem as me, I am trying to use the import feature to merge two scrapbook databases but the problem is that when I import the data none of the folder structure is preserved, everything goes into the root folder. I use lots a folders to categorize my content so this is really annoying!

When importing there is a check box for "import with restoring folder structure" but it does not seem to work for me.

I am using Firefox 3.5.3 on Windows XP SP3 and Scrapbook+ 1.6.12.22. Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

TIA, Tim.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

The highlighter, right? If you want to merge two scrapbook databases keeping their folder structure, you need to export the entries first and import them in the next step.
As long, as there is no data in the column "folder" for an entry, the import function does not restore the folder structure. I am aware of this "problem" and will improve the handling of the import function in version 2 of SBP.
scop

Post by scop »

Thanks haselnuss, that explains it, I have had a look at my backups and none of the index.data files have a folder field. :( However my current scrapbook version data does have them, which means that my backup was probably from a version that didn't add this config information.

Oh well, looks like I will have to re-create it all manually! :(

Thanks for the feedback.

PS Yes it was the highlighter. ;)
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

How old are these backups?
ajg23

Post by ajg23 »

I was hoping to capture a site with depth of 3 but excluding certain links. Not clear whether this is possible--the only way to get to the "filter" is in "capture multiple URLs," but I can't specify a capture dept for "capture multiple URLs"...

If I can do it, can you tell me what regular expression I would use to create a filter to exclude these links when encountered?
www.example.com/example.aspx
www.example.com/example2.aspx
www.example.com/example.aspx
javascript:history.back();

Thanks!
scop

Post by scop »

haselnuss wrote:How old are these backups?

I can't find which file the version information is in, but the last backup is from 6 July 2008, which probably means this was the original scrapbook version.

I found a bug report from 2006 about this issue at https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=13405 but despite what it says I doubt it was properly fixed at that time.

However it's working fine now in Scrapbook+ (just did a test export and import). ;)

Cheers,
Tim.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

ajg23 wrote:I was hoping to capture a site with depth of 3 but excluding certain links. Not clear whether this is possible--the only way to get to the "filter" is in "capture multiple URLs," but I can't specify a capture dept for "capture multiple URLs"...

If I can do it, can you tell me what regular expression I would use to create a filter to exclude these links when encountered?
http://www.example.com/example.aspx
http://www.example.com/example2.aspx
http://www.example.com/example.aspx
javascript:history.back();

Thanks!

There is a second possibility to add filters after accepting the download settings in both modes - single and multiple download.
scop wrote:However it's working fine now in Scrapbook+ (just did a test export and import).

Issue solved!
hansmc

Post by hansmc »

Is there anything that can be done if the page I am trying to capture just gives a 403 error? Thanks
SuffolkPunch

ScrapBook+ 1.7.15.27 loses text in text entry fields

Post by SuffolkPunch »

Hello,

I have ScrapBook Plus 1.7.15.27 and Firefox 3.5.3 running under Windows XP pro.

When I use ScrapBook Plus to capture a web page which has text entry fields that I have entered text into, the captured page doesn't capture the text in all the fields.

For example on the web page
http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/hazards/report
If I enter text in all the fields, then 'capture' doesn't capture text in the two fields:
Describe the hazard
Describe where the hazard is
But it does capture what I enter in all the other fileds.

Is this a bug? Or have I mis-configured ScrapBook Plus?

Can someone help?

With thanks.

SP
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

hansmc wrote:Is there anything that can be done if the page I am trying to capture just gives a 403 error? Thanks

No.
SuffolkPunch wrote:If I enter text in all the fields, then 'capture' doesn't capture text in the two fields:
Describe the hazard
Describe where the hazard is

These two fields are not supported by ScrapBook Plus. If you want me to add support for them, contact me via mail. I need someone to test this.
MikeTr

Post by MikeTr »

I used this remarkable add-on for the long time and was very satisfied when found the possible way to save multiple pages (forum, news, etc.), using AutoPager. It worked very good.

1) But after several updates I've founded that ScapBook+ 1.7.15.27 doesn't save one big page from AutoPager 0.5.3.5. In previous combinations it worked fine.

2) This feature of complex use of AutoPager and ScrapBook is vital for me.
I've tried to disable ScrapBook+ and enable ScrapBook, but for now in ScrapBook I can't save any page.

What should I do? I appreciate for you help very much.

Thanks again for you remarkable add-on and your brilliant work.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

MikeTr wrote:1) But after several updates I've founded that ScapBook+ 1.7.15.27 doesn't save one big page from AutoPager 0.5.3.5. In previous combinations it worked fine.

I installed AutoPager and added a rule for mozillaZine. ScrapBook Plus had no problem to capture this thread. What site is causing trouble?
MikeTr wrote:2) This feature of complex use of AutoPager and ScrapBook is vital for me.
I've tried to disable ScrapBook+ and enable ScrapBook, but for now in ScrapBook I can't save any page.

Might be a problem with your Firefox installation. I have no problems, when switching from ScrapBook Plus to ScrapBook and back.
MikeTr

Post by MikeTr »

haselnuss thank you for you fast reply.
The problem is to save "multipage" after processing by AutoPager to the ScrapBook+. In ScrapBook+ it appears ONLY as Current page, not ALL or Some pages, for example from forum.
Thank you for testing with ScrapBook and ScrapBook+, I'll try to do something..