[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
JayhawksRock

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by JayhawksRock »

Installing a different version of an extension, up or down, normally will overwrite the existing version...
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
billox

Post by billox »

Thanks for your reply, JayhawksRock.
Indeed it was as you said. \:D/
evie5

Post by evie5 »

Hello, all! I searched on the internet for a how-to to my problem and didn't find anything so here goes: a few months back, Firefox crashed on my desktop computer so I reinstalled it. I just realized that Scrapbook is no longer on my current browser but luckily, there appears to be a backup copy saved to my desktop during the crash. The file is located at C:\Users\evie5\Desktop\Old Firefox Data\k2tlyjbb.default\ScrapBook. There are two folders within: C:\.......\Old Firefox Data\k2tlyjbb.default\ScrapBook\backup and C:\........\Old Firefox Data\k2tlyjbb.default\ScrapBook\data, which contains the files for all of my scrapbooked sites (yay!) How do I reinstall these into my current Firefox browser?

Thanks in advance for any help!
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Hi Evie,

Have you tried importing them? Open the sidebar, click the 'Manage' icon (yellow folder with spanner) and you'll see an Import/Export option near top right of new page. Click on that and import the old data - or there's a 'Browse' option to search for your old stuff.
Cheers,
Keith
evie5

Post by evie5 »

Thank you, Keith! That did the trick. I wasn't sure whether to install Scrapbook again or whether my original file of Scrapbook was in the backup. But I went ahead and installed the beta version and imported the data files and voila! Everything was back.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

I've just noticed development versions of Scrapbook Plus including 1.9.24.40b3 are not checked by Mozilla. Is it safe to use them? :)
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

I suffered a brief power outage. My temperamental laptop didn't like that so when I rebooted, I was logged into a temporary profile. I opened Firefox for help and realized too late, it was set to automatically upgrade. I had been using v26. I had read Scrapbooks Plus 1.0 wouldn't work beyond v28. That said, I couldn't stop the update. After four hours backing my files up, I restarted my computer and the old profile loaded okay for the most part. Of course, it was FF v33 so I was expecting an add-on notice for at least Scrapbooks Plus. Then, after FF loaded, Scrapbooks Plus was not only not disabled but worked. I tested using the selection method then did a backup of 2 full page sand it was successful.

On the add-on page, it says it's not compatible with v33. So, what's going on? Is it a fluke and when I restart, it'll stop working. Has anyone else been able to use it on FF v33 or prior versions.

I too wonder about the safety as Noooooo mentioned.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

I uploaded a new version to the development channel, which is compatible with Firefox 36 and newer.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Interestingly since late last year, I was able to use Scrapbook+ v1 despite running FF v.31. But, I was just looking into running two different versions so I could upgrade and fix other FF problems. I was so surprised and delighted to see this updated today. I tried it on one of my laptops using FF v.38.0 and it's working well.

Thanks for the new version.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Version 1.9.24.40 is available outside the development channel. It is compatible with Firefox 36 and newer.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Small update of the compatibility settings of version 1.9.24.40. Without this update, ScrapBook Plus could not be used in Firefox 48.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Version 1.10.25.42 is available.

Changelog:
NEW -- fast selection and deselction in Capture dialog
NEW -- customization of the font color in Options dialog

UPDATE -- support for Firefox 50

REMOVED -- List View
REMOVED -- support for Firefox 35 or lower versions

FIXED -- color-coded highlighting of combined entries is vanished after restart of Firefox
FIXED -- Drag & Drop does not work in Firefox 48 or higher versions
maustyle

Post by maustyle »

is there a way to limit the crawl to one domain ?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Sorry, but I do not understand, what you want. Reword your question, please.
MrFurious

Post by MrFurious »

Any chance you'll be updating Scrapbook-Plus to work with FF Quantum (on a Mac)? I used this extension extensively and it's a pain that it's not available with the new FF. Thx!