[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
SeaLion

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by SeaLion »

I was thinking about the length of the menu entry, that perhaps ScrapBook Plus was too big, idk.
csb10

Post by csb10 »

Just discovered Scrapbook+ having been a long time user of Scrapbook. This is a great improvement, particularly the searching. It's good to see the application being actively developed.

Do you have any plans to add tagging capabilities?

A few other thoughts about the user interface:
It would be good to have an indication in the explorer that an item has comments.
Different icons could be allowed for Notes, also the ability to mark a note.

Thank you for the great work you are doing on Scrapbook+
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

csb10 wrote:Do you have any plans to add tagging capabilities?

Yes.
csb10 wrote:It would be good to have an indication in the explorer that an item has comments.

Why is this important for you?
csb10 wrote:Different icons could be allowed for Notes, also the ability to mark a note.

This is possible. But what is the benefit for the user?
csb10

Post by csb10 »

csb10 wrote:Do you have any plans to add tagging capabilities?

haselnuss wrote:Yes.

That's great news.
csb10 wrote:It would be good to have an indication in the explorer that an item has comments.

haselnuss wrote:Why is this important for you?

I use comments on many captured items to record additional information about why I captured the page. Seeing in the explorer which items I've added comments to would help to only check comments on those items that have them. It would be fantastic if I could mouse over a comment icon and see a popup with the comment text.
csb10 wrote:Different icons could be allowed for Notes, also the ability to mark a note.

haselnuss wrote:This is possible. But what is the benefit for the user?

I use notes for recording snippets of information relating to various topics. Currently I use folders to divide the notes into related areas. Being able to change the icon for a note would provide an additional means of categorising them without having a deep folder structure.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Who has used the sitemap feature of ScrapBook in Firefox 2?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

v1.7.14.24 has been released. All errors I became aware of are fixed and the sitemap feature is available again. This feature was available in ScrapBook until the release of Firefox 3.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

Thank you. I keep a lot of profile backups, so the leaner installation file is appreciated.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

v1.7.14.25 has been released. A nasty error concerning drag&drop has been fixed.
deepchord

Post by deepchord »

Phew! Was really hard to find Gomita or anybody else to talk to on my #1 feature request for Scrapbook, wich is:
BEING ABLE TO INSERT ANCHORS IN A DOCUMENT WICH I CAN LATER REFER TO FROM OTHER ANCHORS (HIPERLINKS) EITHER INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THAT VERY DOCUMENT. I MEAN, SO FAR YOU ONLY PROVIDE FOR HIPERLINKING TO DOCUMENTS, NOT HTML ELEMENTS.e.g.:
file:///home/jdoe/scrapook/captures/here/sampledoc.html#sample_element

I was even considering an attempt to modify the code myself, to include that feature, but I'm no programmer. You may ask, what it would be the use of that feature ... lots of uses!:
- Creation of table of contents for a given document
- Crude analytic indexes
- Ilustrations/tables indexes
- "Next Paragraph" or "Prev" links
- Cross-references, glossaries of terms

What do you think about it?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Nothing at the moment, because I do not comprehend your description. Why don't you edit one or two of your archived web sites adding your #1 feature and send them to me via email including a short explanation, what you changed in the files.
deepchord

Post by deepchord »

I'm afraid I'm wasting your time. Thanks for your quick reply, anyway.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

I never said, that you are waisting my time. I just don't understand your explanation. Edit one or two web sites manually adding the feature you described and send them to me. If you want me to add a new feature to ScrapBook Plus, I need to know, what the files have to look like after editing them.
SeaLion

Post by SeaLion »

deepchord, if you try, you will find haselnuss to be very helpful and able developer.
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

I have been a long time user and fan of ScrapBook, but I was disappointed to see the lack of updates. So I'm glad that I have stumbled across ScrapBook Plus, because I didn't even know that it existed until today.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to change the colour of the text used for scrapbook entries that are made from combined pages? (presuming that that in ScrapBook Plus they are not a different colour to other non-combined scrapbook entries).

In the standard ScrapBook, entries that are made from combined pages are coloured bright blue for some bizarre reason (instead of standard black text), and there is no UI to change this. Can the text colour for entries made from combined pages be changed in ScrapBook Plus? and if so what CSS code should I use to do it?

2. How would I go about changing the icons used in the sidebar ScrapBook Plus? I'm not keen on that spanner and folder icon.

Thanks in advance.
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Oomingmak wrote:I have been a long time user and fan of ScrapBook, but I was disappointed to see the lack of updates. So I'm glad that I have stumbled across ScrapBook Plus, because I didn't even know that it existed until today.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to change the colour of the text used for scrapbook entries that are made from combined pages? (presuming that that in ScrapBook Plus they are not a different colour to other non-combined scrapbook entries).

In the standard ScrapBook, entries that are made from combined pages are coloured bright blue for some bizarre reason (instead of standard black text), and there is no UI to change this. Can the text colour for entries made from combined pages be changed in ScrapBook Plus? and if so what CSS code should I use to do it?

2. How would I go about changing the icons used in the sidebar ScrapBook Plus? I'm not keen on that spanner and folder icon.

Thanks in advance.

Edit scrapbook.css to change the colour of combined items and the manage icon. You can find the file inside scrapbook.jar.