[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Recall

Post by Recall »

I would like a option for this to load in the current tab, rather than a new one, is this possible?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
information

Re: Draging Links to Appear in Foreground

Post by information »

information wrote:Update:
I see, dragging up does put the link in a new tab, dragging down does not. Cool.

Strange that I get this behavior whether or not the checkbox to open links in the foreground is checked or not. I guess that feature is meant to override the above mentioned feature of dragging up or down and is just not working.
anniebluesky

Post by anniebluesky »

For some reason, I had it working, and now it doesn't. I normally use my middle mouse button to open a new tab, but when I'm not at my desk with my laptop, and I'm using the touchpad, I really would like to use this feature. I did a update, and maybe that is when it stopped working.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.9) Gecko/20050711 Firefox/1.0.5

If anyone has any ideas on how to get it up and running again, I would be delighted!!!
peace...
annie
information

Post by information »

I believe it's best not to update the extensions when things are working. It appears to be a common way of breaking them. Perhaps an uninstall/reinstall would help. I also have 1.05 on two Win machines and it's working.
anniebluesky

Post by anniebluesky »

Well, normally, if it is working, I leave it alone. But, I'm in the middle of moving from one laptop to a new one, and in the flurry and excitement of the move, I updated it. But, when it was working, I loved being able to use the touchpad to drag and drop to open a new tab.
peace...
annie
information

Post by information »

anniebluesky wrote:Well, normally, if it is working, I leave it alone. But, I'm in the middle of moving from one laptop to a new one, and in the flurry and excitement of the move, I updated it. But, when it was working, I loved being able to use the touchpad to drag and drop to open a new tab.

That flurry and excitement can get you into a lot worse trouble. ;-)

This is an important extension but I believe there are others that do the same thing. I can't remember the names offhand, perhaps someone else will jump in.

Good Luck Annie!
Change

Post by Change »

Please update this extension for Firefox 1.5b :)
pile0nades

Post by pile0nades »

Change wrote:Please update this extension for Firefox 1.5b :)

Thanks for bumping this so I could find it, this extension is pwnage :)
Linkify bug numbers - test: bug 258287
rametto

Post by rametto »

WORKS with new Firefox Beta:

Inside the .XPI archive, edit the file INSTALL.RDF and change

<em:maxVersion>1.0+ to

<em:maxVersion>1.5

and the extension works also with 1.5b!!!
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

Here it is updated for those who don't want to edit any files.
http://d.turboupload.com/d/57344/Super_ ... 4.xpi.html
shadowbq

Re: Security hall

Post by shadowbq »

The link provide by Soccer_dude does not include the security flaw fix provided by Nanto_vi!

A new source patch for Soccer_dudes code would be (line number adjustment)

Code: Select all

--- content/superdrag.js   
+++ content/superdrag.js   
@@ -108,2 +108,3 @@
     {//default action: open it to a new tab
+        getBrowser().dragDropSecurityCheck(aEvent, aDragSession, uri)

soccer_dude182 wrote:Here it is updated for those who don't want to edit any files.

nanto_vi wrote:Dear Sirs:

Thank you for providing such a convenient extension. However, it is pointted by Piro (*1), the author of TBE, that this extension reproduces bug 285438--Drag and drop gestures can be hijacked to load priviliged xul--.

Bug 285438 was fixed in Firefox 1.0.2 and Mozilla 1.7.6. But with this extension, even Firefox 1.0.4 can be hijacked by drag and drop gestures.

The following code is an easy patch for SuperDragAndGo-0.2.4d1.xpi. It only works with Firefox 1.0.2 (and Mozilla 1.7.6?) or later. (I removed some whitespaces from the following code.)

--- content/superdrag.js   Mon Oct 11 09:16:20 2004
+++ content/superdrag.js   Sun May 15 05:18:09 2005
@@ -137,2 +137,3 @@

Please fix this security hall.

Thank you.

*1: Piro's presentation materials about XUL security halls (written in Japanese)
symbol

Re: [Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Post by symbol »

morphis wrote:<b>0.1.4 </b>. By stealing some code from <a target='_blank' href='http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=61&vid=64&category=Search%20Tools' > Web Search Plus </a> extension :)- , now <b>"drag-a-word-throw-to-search"</b> will search with the <b>engine</b> set in your <b>Search Bar</b>: google, dictionary.com, ebay, wikipedia, imdb, altavista, ... , whatever sitting in your search bar currently.
note: if searchbar is set to <b>"find in this page"</b>, it will search with the default google.

Could you please add an option to make google the default search engine regardless of what's selected in the search bar? regis posted a hacked version on page 8 which would have done this, but it's no longer available for download.
DarkOne123

Post by DarkOne123 »

When I read anything long in a website I tend to highlight it, and sometimes I accidently drag the highlighted bit, now if I let go it will open a NEW TAB and search for it. Unless I press ESC which then cancels it. Will it be possible if you could add in the next version so to cancel it you can also LEFT CLICK it will cancel it.
rebeat

Post by rebeat »

shadowbq wrote:The link provide by Soccer_dude does not include the security flaw fix provided by Nanto_vi!

A new source patch for Soccer_dudes code would be (line number adjustment)

--- content/superdrag.js   
+++ content/superdrag.js   
@@ -108,2 +108,3 @@

soccer_dude182 wrote:Here it is updated for those who don't want to edit any files.

hi, forgive me for my ignorance, but how do i edit the xpi file (archive) to add the security fix?? i open it with wordpad and the code is encrypted (un-intelligable)

thanks.
symbol

Post by symbol »

rebeat wrote:hi, forgive me for my ignorance, but how do i edit the xpi file (archive) to add the security fix?? i open it with wordpad and the code is encrypted (un-intelligable)

thanks.

.xpi's are just .zip files hidden under another extension. Open the .xpi with winrar, extract the file you want to edit. After editing, drop it back in winrar to update the .xpi.