[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
code65536

Post by code65536 »

Helico wrote:There was a thread on mozillazine about SuperDragandGo not working with FF2, a while back (a month?) and someone posted a fixed version, based off 2.4 I recall.

Oops. I didn't know about that. Would've saved me some trouble if I did. ;) I also didn't know about "Drag de Go" either. In any case, if that works and is being kept up-to-date, then I suppose there isn't much need for people to reinvent the wheel by updating SDAG. :)
azz0r_firefox

Post by azz0r_firefox »

How come dragging downwards does open a tab in the foreground like it used to? :(
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

code65536 wrote:It seems that the searchbox API has been totally reworked in Firefox 2, and as a result, SDAG's drag-to-search feature is broken with Firefox 2. I took 0.2.6 (non-directional) and redid the drag-and-search code so that it works now with Firefox 2's new searchbox implementation.

Did you apply various security paches to this version?? Look here and here.
MondoWin ==> Italian site for information about MS Windows tweaking
code65536

Post by code65536 »

RNiK wrote:
code65536 wrote:It seems that the searchbox API has been totally reworked in Firefox 2, and as a result, SDAG's drag-to-search feature is broken with Firefox 2. I took 0.2.6 (non-directional) and redid the drag-and-search code so that it works now with Firefox 2's new searchbox implementation.

Did you read the release notes on my page? (Yes, I did)
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

code65536 wrote:
RNiK wrote:

No, I didn't (obviously...)

Hower, it seems that you have applied only the first security patch (the one in the MozillaZine forum) but you've missed the 2nd (the one on MozDev).

Correct??
code65536

Post by code65536 »

RNiK wrote:
code65536 wrote:
RNiK wrote:

No, I didn't (obviously...)

Hower, it seems that you have applied only the first security patch (the one in the MozillaZine forum) but you've missed the 2nd (the one on MozDev).

Correct??

But the second one is not security-related in any way and also because the URI drag is not really a link. If you want the URI drag to emulate converting the highlighted text into a link, then yes, send the referer. If you want the URI drag to emulate copying and pasting the link into the location bar, then it should not be sent. It is not security-related and is really a matter of personal preference, and it's perhaps something that would make a good addition to the preferences window.

On one hand, yes, some sites are anal about requiring a referer to control outside linking, but there are also sites that display links in unlinkified plain text for the explicit purpose of not showing up on referer logs.

Anyway, it is my preference to defer to the behavior of emulating a copy-and-paste into the location bar, in which case, sending a referer would be inappropriate.
Last edited by code65536 on September 25th, 2006, 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

OK, thanks for the explanation. :wink:
azz0r_firefox

Post by azz0r_firefox »

azz0r_firefox wrote:How come dragging downwards does open a tab in the foreground like it used to? :(
wildman

Invalid Hash or Corrupted Download error

Post by wildman »

"Invalid Hash or Corrupted Download error" when trying to install super_dragandgo-0.2.6-fx.xpi from...

Super DragAndGo - Mozilla Add-ons
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/137/

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909
Firefox/1.5.0.7 Build ID: 2006090918
kuiper

Post by kuiper »

Download and more details are available here:
http://mozilla.code65536.com/

Now, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much code65536 for providing a version compatible with Firefox 2.0.

Super DragAndGo is such an awesome utility that you just can't browse without it. I have tried Drag de Go but it makes things unnecessarily complicated. We need something neat and simple, just like Super DragAndGo.

The only thing that I can't do with Super DragAndGo is when dragging a part of a URL. For example, if there is an active link which looks like https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/137/ Now if I just want to go to the main site at https://addons.mozilla.org, I highlight only that part in the active URL and try to drag it, Super DragAndGo won't let me drag the highlighted part. It will open the whole active URL instead of the highlighted portion. Maxthon's Super Drag and Go takes care of that and works as it should which means it will ONLY open up the highlighted portion and not the whole URL. I just wish it does that too.
genie

Post by genie »

Works wonderful.. Thank you
ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

Hello,

Just to mention that in latest build (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061108 Minefield/3.0a1) it does not work anymore.
(it worked in yesterday's build)

Cheers.
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
P.Kosunen

Post by P.Kosunen »

Here is directional patch for code65536's 0.2.6.2 version.

Edit:
Now @ http://mozilla.code65536.com/
irkregent

Post by irkregent »

P.Kosunen wrote:Now @ http://mozilla.code65536.com/

Site not responding?
Edit:
Working now -- thanks.
irkregent

Post by irkregent »

I love this extension!
Any idea when compatibility with the trunk builds will be addressed?