[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Monkeesage was right on the money (as always). This works perfectly for me and it's as nifty as I'd hoped. This is endlessly handy for me because I have a nasty habit of trying to obtain certain images by clicking and dragging them onto the scrollbars/statusbar. Now I can just throw it anywhere on the site and as a bonus, I get it in a new tab, too. Very nifty!

-Edit-

Just to aid the lazy and the nervous until an official fix is released, I've put it here.

http://amuck.ath.cx/superdrag.xpi

Basically, I did exactly what Monkeesage said. I renamed the xpi to zip, went in, changed the stuff, saved it all, renamed it back to xpi and that's what's there on my server.

As soon as an official fix is up, I'll take it down. Just trying to be of help and all, speed things up for the folks who haven't done this, yet.
IdoMcFly

Post by IdoMcFly »

it works, perfectly, just verify that the jar is well donoe (have the "content" directory inside) or you will have the "finishing installation" bug.

one of the biggest feature of myIE2 that prevent switching just down :)
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

It seems the function of saving a picture when dragged is also very important. A lot of my friend are asking about such extensions.

I want to do something helping. But where should I find the documents related to drap and drop function in XUL? Especially the description of the "dropData" parameter of the onDrop function...

Thanks!
Rowne Mastaile
Location: Housed in a swirling neosma of scintillating thought and turgid ideas.

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Drag pictures to save them? Good grief, that'd be genius.

Drag links to save them too would be downright handy. Such as dragging links which are usually embedded. Links to SWF or image files, for example.
Rowne Mastaile

Post by Rowne Mastaile »

Drag pictures to save them? Good grief, that'd be genius.

Drag links to save them too would be downright handy. Such as dragging links which are usually embedded. Links to SWF or image files, for example.

-Edit-

What'd make an absolutely brilliant extension is if on dragging of a link it checks for standard web extensions (html, htm, php, shtml, shtm, etcetera -- either that or simply a html mimetype... or even easier, whether the link goes to a binary or an ASCII file) and then performs an if. If ascii then tab.open else if binary then save.dialog ... something like that.
soccer_dude182

Post by soccer_dude182 »

Thanks for the extension, morphis along with those that helped. This can definitely be expanded. I especially like the idea of saving the images (even though I use image toolbar extension) and maybe having an option to open in current tab. One quick question since I'm not at home, does it open the new tab in the background or in the foreground?
morphis

Post by morphis »

<b>[edit]
Just now I updated my extension so that it will open the new tab in fg/bg according your browser's configuration of "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" which is true by default. I think this configuration usually reflects users' general pereference on this bg/fg issue.
[edit]
</b>

I tried to follow the system configuration "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" to open the tab, but I found
the new tab is always opened in background no matter what configuration of "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" you set on.

Hope later I can make it configurable by adding option to this extension.

soccer_dude182 wrote:Thanks for the extension, morphis along with those that helped. This can definitely be expanded. I especially like the idea of saving the images (even though I use image toolbar extension) and maybe having an option to open in current tab. One quick question since I'm not at home, does it open the new tab in the background or in the foreground?
morphis

Post by morphis »

No bugs so far ?! feel surperised!
Is there any <b>Linux/MacOS</b> guy trying this extension out? How it goes?

I don't have access to linux and MacOS, so I really want to know whether this extension works on Linux/MacOS too?

And how about <b>0.8</b> users? Is the extension going well on firefox 0.8?
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Fantastic extension morphis and I would also like to see an option to have the tab open in the foreground.
Thanks.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
wormeyman

Post by wormeyman »

This extension rocks btw :D

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040616 Firefox/0.9 (MOOX-AV)
MonkeeSage

Post by MonkeeSage »

morphis wrote:I don't have access to linux and MacOS, so I really want to know whether this extension works on Linux/MacOS too?

Everything works great except for tab dragging (Linux w/ FF 0.9), but that may just be a limitation of the XUL tab implementation for GTK2, I've never tried any other tabbing extensions that allow for tab dragging so I'm not really sure.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G
"[M]en are usually satisfied with bad argument only when their convictions rest on other grounds." --John Oman
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Some comment about the tab dragging: I'm using TBE extension. TBE allows users to move the tab position buy drag and drop. So they are conflicting with the clone tab feature of this extension. So I wonder is there anyway to custom the operation?
Last edited by NetOne on June 25th, 2004, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nforcr14

Post by Nforcr14 »

Now working in my build, absolutely excellent extension. This is the feature I was missing since I've moved from MyIE2...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040823 Firefox/0.9.1+ (MOOX M2)
UPieper

Post by UPieper »

Nice extension!

I have 1 problem though. If I want to install an extension by drag & drop, instead of the installation being triggered by dropping the .xpi file on the browser window, a new tab is opened.

Is there a solution? (such as pressing shift when dropping or something?)

UP
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

Another suggestion: When some phrases or words are dragged, can the search is based on what search engine is selected in the search bar? (Just as the Websearch plus extension does. ) The current one always search via Google for me.

Thanks!