[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MonkeeSage

Post by MonkeeSage »

morphis wrote:Anyone having clue of why this happens and how to solve it, please post on this thread. Your help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

var forceAsURL = GoodStart.test(uri) && HasDots.test(uri) && (!HasSpace.test(uri));
            if(forceAsURL) { //force it to a url
               if (/([^\/]+\.xpi)$/.test(uri)) {
                  eval("InstallTrigger.install({ '" + RegExp.$1 + "' : uri })");
               }
               else {
                  var newTab = getBrowser().addTab(uri);
                  if (!gPrefService.getBoolPref("browser.tabs.loadInBackground")) {
                     getBrowser().selectedTab = newTab;
                  }
               }
            }

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G
"[M]en are usually satisfied with bad argument only when their convictions rest on other grounds." --John Oman
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

morphis wrote:What kind of conflicts do you get ? details please.

I just tried with both TBE extension and SuperDragAndGo installed on a clean profile, played around with the tab-dragging (arranging the order of tab and/or throwing it on the content area) and didn't found any problem. Maybe something else?

NetOne wrote:Some comment about the tab dragging: I'm using TBE extension. TBE allows users to move the tab position buy drag and drop. So they are conflicting with the clone tab feature of this extension. So I wonder is there anyway to custom the operation?

Really sorry about this. I've made some mistakes about this comments. No problem now! Thanks!
NetOne

Post by NetOne »

It's very nice for morphis to update this extension so frequently. Going to the first page of this thread, I found that the function from Websearch plus has already been stolen. That's what I'm doing on my machine. ;)

And I've also integrated the code MonkeeSage has pasted to support the installation of XPI file when dragged into the browser. This is wonderful! I think this is just the beauty of Firefox! Thanks for all the work you guys have done.

I'll keep sychronized with this thread. It seems I can updates before morphis throw them out. Just kidding. :) Hope morphis can give us more surprise!
morphis

Re: super drag and drop

Post by morphis »

MonkeeSage helped clear this bug out. I updated the extension. Please install the latest version (see the updated original post of this thread), i.e., 0.1.5 and test it out.

UPieper wrote:Hi Morphis,

I am using V 0.8 and I can re-confirm that it also affect this version.

Max

morphis wrote:Unfortunately, I just tested and found it did interfere with 0.9 (I guess 0.9+ too). See updated original post of this thread. Thanks for pointing this out.

UPieper wrote:Hi Morphis,

I wouldn't call that a feature of your extension, it's the normal behaviour of the 0.8 series (don't know if it works still this way in 0.9 series). Super drag and go should just not interfere with this standard FX feature.

Thanks,

UP

Morphis:

This extension doesn't support this "drag a xpi and install" feature so far. This feature could be an interested one. Thanks for your suggestion.
morphis

Post by morphis »

forget about this post!
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
morphis

Post by morphis »

forget about this post!
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
morphis

Post by morphis »

nothing.
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
morphis

Post by morphis »

nothing.
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
morphis

Post by morphis »

forget about this post.
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
UPieper

Post by UPieper »

Nice! It's working in FX 08 now.
morphis

Post by morphis »

forget about this post.
Last edited by morphis on June 27th, 2004, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UPieper

Post by UPieper »

Nice! It's working in FX 08 now.
morphis

Post by morphis »

new version 0.1.6 is out! See the updated original post of this thread.
tombik

Post by tombik »

Can anyone confirm this behavior?
I opened some links in background with SuperDrag and Go and now I want to close the origin tab with my gesture from AIO. I have to click once in the origin tab because it has lost the focus for my mouse gestures.

???
Otherwise this is the most useful extension I´ve dl for a long long time. Thanks again!

Tombik
morphis

Post by morphis »

I can confirm this problem, but I don't think it is a problem of this extension. I think it's a problem of AIO. My arguments and test go like this:
1) Install a fresh firefox 0.9 and a brand new profile
2) Install only AIO extension
3) Drag a link to "bookmark toolbar", "search bar", "location bar", or "blank form erea", which is supported by firefox by default "drag-and-drop" feature
4) Then I find I have to click one before I can do gesture. This is exact the same "problem" encountered with dragging with "super drag and go"

So, I think we should complain to AIO or firefox "drag-and-drop" design, and ask them to treat "after-drag" properly in general. This extension follows the default "drag-and-drop" processing procedure of the system.

Thank you for your comments.

tombik wrote:Can anyone confirm this behavior?
I opened some links in background with SuperDrag and Go and now I want to close the origin tab with my gesture from AIO. I have to click once in the origin tab because it has lost the focus for my mouse gestures.

???
Otherwise this is the most useful extension I´ve dl for a long long time. Thanks again!

Tombik