[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
_maf_

Post by _maf_ »

Cool, thanks for the link :D
irkregent

Post by irkregent »

Anyone had success getting this extension to work with the nightly trunk builds? I thought it was working with a recent build, but it's not working as of 2004-12-19. I know it's early in the life of this trunk, but I've had success with quite a few of my favorite extensions so far.
Change

Post by Change »

Must have extension, so addicted to it. Thanks a lot!! :)

Would it be possible to add the following?
- open tab next to current tab instead of at the end
- configurable options for drag direction like in Greenbrowser (e.g. down opens in new window, right in new tab, left save as etc.)
akaidiot

Post by akaidiot »

Great great plugin! Without it I would still be in MYIE2 hell!

I've got one requess though(porhaps should make it optional, but I wouldn't mind if it isn't..)

* When marking words in a link adn dragg and droping, search for the word instead of opening the link.
DarkOne123

Post by DarkOne123 »

Is there a way to stop it Auto Downloading Images to the TEMP Folder?
I have
FF 1
WinXP Pro
Super Drag&Go 0.2.4
Nforcr_14

Post by Nforcr_14 »

Look at the Settings of Super Drag&Go. You can specify which folder images will be stored when you drag them.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050909 Firefox/1.4 BOBA CE
DarkOne123

Post by DarkOne123 »

You ain't understading what I am saying. If I do that then IMAGES with URLs embedded do not work.
ParticleMan

Post by ParticleMan »

A handy extension.

How about adding the ability to specify files in upload fields via drag & drop?

The "Drag And Drop Upload" extension no longer works. And apparently there were some challenges getting it to work with Gmail.

-PM
nanto_vi

Security hall

Post by nanto_vi »

Dear Sirs:

Thank you for providing such a convenient extension. However, it is pointted by Piro (*1), the author of TBE, that this extension reproduces bug 285438--Drag and drop gestures can be hijacked to load priviliged xul--.

Bug 285438 was fixed in Firefox 1.0.2 and Mozilla 1.7.6. But with this extension, even Firefox 1.0.4 can be hijacked by drag and drop gestures.

The following code is an easy patch for SuperDragAndGo-0.2.4d1.xpi. It only works with Firefox 1.0.2 (and Mozilla 1.7.6?) or later. (I removed some whitespaces from the following code.)

Code: Select all

--- content/superdrag.js   Mon Oct 11 09:16:20 2004
+++ content/superdrag.js   Sun May 15 05:18:09 2005
@@ -137,2 +137,3 @@
     {//default action: open it to a new tab
+        getBrowser().dragDropSecurityCheck(aEvent, aDragSession, uri)

Please fix this security hall.

Thank you.

*1: Piro's presentation materials about XUL security halls (written in Japanese)
nanto_vi (TOYAMA Nao)
Luftpost

Post by Luftpost »

Looks serious, anyone fix it? I'm disabling it until then.
hokil

Post by hokil »

confirm:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

related note:
I don't know this is same security issue,Tab Mix 0.2.1 has same behavior (at firescrolling test).
yek401

sometimes foreground, sometimes background

Post by yek401 »

Hey, so I'm using firefox 1.04, and sometimes links load in the foreground, and sometimes they load in the background.. Why is that? Is there any way to get the plugin to be consistant?

--Jordan
nufchavq

Post by nufchavq »

hello
it would be great to add this feature to SD&G: for example if I drag the link to the up, it will open in a new tab on the foreground and if I drag it to the bottom, it will open in the background. It worked in your old releases but with a new version, this functionality disappeared. Was it made intentionaly or have I installed another plugin which make this trip to fail? thanks
Bazon

notice: super drag and go saves all images also in %temp% !

Post by Bazon »

I don't know whether this was noticed before, it was only mentioned one time before in this thread and wasn't really answered:

Did you all know, that Super Drag and Go saves all images not only in the folder which you choose, but also in the System %temp% folder? (Type %temp% in the Adress Bar of the Windows Explorer to find this folder)
And the images stay there untill you delete them manually!
(And this folder is also used by some other Win-intern functions such as print preview of temporary images (e.g. print from web directly) in which you get a nice thumbnail overview over all images recently saved by super drag and go.... ...you may try to avoid this overview in some cases :wink: )

Would be fine, if this get's fixed!
information

Draging Links to Appear in Foreground

Post by information »

In FF 1.05 dragging a search places the resulting tab in the forground, but checking the first option (load tabs for links and text links in foreground does not seem to have any effect) as these are still loaded in the background. Is this working?

Update:
I see, dragging up does put the link in a new tab, dragging down does not. Cool.