[Update for 1.0 PR] Super Drag and Go

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MADS evilution

Post by MADS evilution »

Hi,

I'm using Super DragAndGo at all times, but I'm used to the normal version without directional dragging. Now that I'd like to update to 1.5, the directional dragging is a real hassle to me since I can't get used to it.

Could someone please take a pity on me and release a 1.5 compatible version without directional dragging?

PS: It would be really useful if an extension developer could make the directional behaviour optional, since this extention seems to be widely used.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
genie

Post by genie »

Thanks Scrade.. this is one of the best extensions ever..!! A pity if it will be discontinued.. :(
tombik

Post by tombik »

Hi!

This XPI works for me WITHOUT directional dragging in
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051107 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005110712.
I´ve bumped the maxVersion.

Get it here!
Last edited by tombik on December 27th, 2005, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MADS evilution

Post by MADS evilution »

Thanks tombik for bumping up the maxVersion!
This was the only extension I was missng and which is essential for me, so I've upgraded to fx 1.5 in the meantime.

But Super DragAndGo had a security flaw, which was fixed in previous versions. It wouldn't be that bad if someone could integrate this fix in the bumped version.
AhamB

Post by AhamB »

Does anyone know what's new in versions 0.2.5 and 0.2.6? They can be found here: http://mozdev.elliptic.fr/superdragandgo/
nufchavq

Post by nufchavq »

Please, could somebody release a 1.5 compatible version WITH directional dragging support. Thanks!
nufchavq

Post by nufchavq »

Please, could somebody release a 1.5 compatible version WITH directional dragging support. Thanks!
IdoMcFly

Post by IdoMcFly »

tombik wrote:Hi!

This XPI works for me WITHOUT directional dragging in
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051107 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005110712.
I´ve bumped the maxVersion.

Get it here!

the link is dead :?
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

OK I went through all the versions and here's what I found:

0.2.3: Old Version

0.2.4d1: Added Seamonkey compatibility and Seamonkey Preference window, maxVersion was changed to 100+, directional drag and dropping (foreground/background tab opening) was added in this release, changed search-bar reference to searchbar.

0.2.4d2: Added directional word search dragging types. Dragging a word Up and Right = Google, Up and Left = Websters, Down and Right = Onelook.com, Down and Left = dictionary.reference.com.

0.2.5: Added some slight changes for Deer Park compatibility.

0.2.6: The only difference is version and description.

Please note, this is just what I've found by looking at the code between all the releases. I could be wrong since I am not a coder :)
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
IdoMcFly

Post by IdoMcFly »

I'm using 0.2.4d2+securitypatch on 1.5 Win32 and Linux. No pbl on win32 but on Linux I've notice that there is a lag time while draging, like it's loading someting from harddrive before superdragandgo is effective. Anybody can confirm ?
tombik

Post by tombik »

the link is dead
Sorry - now it works again.

Note: there is NO securitypatch in this extension.
IdoMcFly

Post by IdoMcFly »

IdoMcFly wrote:I'm using 0.2.4d2+securitypatch on 1.5 Win32 and Linux. No pbl on win32 but on Linux I've notice that there is a lag time while draging, like it's loading someting from harddrive before superdragandgo is effective. Anybody can confirm ?

This problem occur only on the first time in a Friefox session we use superdragandgo. Everything is normal after this first time.
cola99

Post by cola99 »

nufchavq wrote:Please, could somebody release a 1.5 compatible version WITH directional dragging support. Thanks!

Here you go...
All support en-US, zh-TW locale and maxversion to 9.9
http://forum.moztw.org/download.php/270 ... fx_328.xpi

0.2.4d1
http://forum.moztw.org/download.php/265 ... fx_111.xpi
nufchavq

Post by nufchavq »

cola99
Thanks!! The greatest extension is back on my Firefox!
ontabogon

Post by ontabogon »

Schrade wrote:I applied the patch and put the extension up for downloading here: <a href="http://www.schrade.com/firefox/extensions/SuperDragAndGo/Super_DragAndGo-0.2.4d1-SecurityPatch-fx.xpi">Super_DragAndGo-0.2.4d1-SecurityPatch-fx.xpi</a>

This works on Firefox v1.5

Yes, it does!

Thank you.

For you struggling, do-it-yourself'ers (like me) -- if you've been scratching your head about the .xpi and what to modify (like me):

1. You do need to unpack/unzip twice: Unpack the .xpi and then unpack the superdrag.jar that's in \chrome . The file you ultimately want is superdrag.js (which is in superdrag.jar which is in *.xpi). I use PowerArchiver 2001.
2. The snippet of code on the previous page for the security fix (thanks to Nanto_vi and shadowbq!) is in the form ---filename, and then line.
3. Schrade's xpi for download above has the modification. Thanks to Schrade!
Steve.