Enhanced History Manager 0.5.8.05 (Dec 28 update)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
My Yute

Post by My Yute »

I can only get the history manager to open in the sidebar since I"ve installed the newest version (0.4.0). How do I get it to open in a seperate window again?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

My Yute wrote:I can only get the history manager to open in the sidebar since I"ve installed the newest version (0.4.0). How do I get it to open in a seperate window again?
It should open a seperate window by either MiddleClick/MouseWheelClick on the Button or u can select it from the "Go" menu....
My Yute

Post by My Yute »

I have no middle click (I think hitting both buttons at the same time is suppsed to simulate thi behaviour tho).
But that didn't work and I don't like the Go Menu so I usually keep that hidden. Anyway I can get it to open in a new window using the Ctrl+Shift+H hotkey?
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Maybe if you added an option to allow it to open in a window instead of a sidebar for those who like it. Like a check on/off thing.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
wazoo

Post by wazoo »

AnonEmoose wrote:
eg add the following lines to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#hcpm-button {
list-style-image : url("YourIcon.png") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #hcpm-button {
 list-style-image : url("YourIcon.png") !important; }

toolbar[iconsize="small"] #hcpm-button[checked="true"]
url("YourIcon.png") !important; }

Then copy the icons into the profile directory's chrome folder.

THank you. It works. My only problem is that the displayed icon is bigger than the others in the toolbar. Do you know how I can force it to be the same size as the others or where are the desired size informations ??
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Oomingmak wrote:2.In other words, will I always have to use the toolbar button to get to the window view?

and
ieremiou wrote:Maybe if you added an option to allow it to open in a window instead of a sidebar for those who like it. Like a check on/off thing.

and
My Yute wrote:I have no middle click (I think hitting both buttons at the same time is suppsed to simulate thi behaviour tho).
But that didn't work and I don't like the Go Menu so I usually keep that hidden. Anyway I can get it to open in a new window using the Ctrl+Shift+H hotkey?

Next version (to be released next day or so) will add a pref to Swap button action. Meaning, If u enable the pref then Clicking the Toolbar button (and therefore the Hotkey too) will change from the default (open in Sidebar) behavior to open History Manager in a Window; correspondingly middleclick will open in the sidebar instead of a window.

wazoo wrote: My only problem is that the displayed icon is bigger than the others in the toolbar. Do you know how I can force it to be the same size as the others or where are the desired size informations ??
It depends on the icon dimensions and some other things such as the theme u are using etc. .... U probably can adjust it somewhat using CSS... I would suggest trying to see what the theme's icon sizes are and trying to make sure your icon is the same dimensions. Take a peek at the CSS files in your theme for specs on adjustment that might be added to your userChrome.css to manipulate the Enhanced History Manager button look
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Wow, thank you so much for working on adding a 'swap' feature AnonEmoose!

This new feature is the perfect solution for everyone (as each person can just choose the option suits them best).

Oomingmak
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Minor Update: Aug 5, 2004
-ADDED: a pref to Swap button action. Meaning, If u enable the pref then Clicking the Toolbar button (and therefore the Hotkey too) will change from the default (open in Sidebar) behavior to open History Manager in a Window; correspondingly middleclick will open in the sidebar instead of a window. To enable Preference:
1. Install the Extension and then restart FireFox
2. Type about:config in your addressbar
3. Locate hcpm.Swap.Default and Modify value to true

- FIXED: Tweaked Icon & Label display in Text mode
- FIXED: Minor Context Menu Adjustments

Download Latest Version Enhanced History Manager
My Yute

Post by My Yute »

Thanks Anonemoose. .. that was a very fast fulfillment of a request.
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

Thanks again!
-=MaStA ViC
Mook

Post by Mook »

Thanks for the cool extension :) Now I no longer have to fake it by copying history.dat to my Mozilla install to get the dates :)

Nit: 0.4.1 seems to think it's compatible with Firefox 1.9+ for some reason... :)

Request: Could you move the menu item to View -> Sidebar? (I have the Go menu hidden, and don't like having too many toolbar buttons around. Currently using the hotkey.)

Tip: You can overlay the <key> - as long as it has the same id. Put it as a direct child of the <overlay>. (You have to import the right DTD though for &history.commandKey; to be defined) You will have to set the command attribute to the id of your menu item.
poot.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Mook wrote:Nit: 0.4.1 seems to think it's compatible with Firefox 1.9+ for some reason... :)
just because i copied some else's installer....lol

Mook wrote:Request: Could you move the menu item to View -> Sidebar? (I have the Go menu hidden, and don't like having too many toolbar buttons around. Currently using the hotkey.)

everyone has thier own preference.... LOL see here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 109#656109
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 397#697397

redownload the file I've added an entry to the View--->Sidebar menu
Mook

Post by Mook »

Thank you :) You know what they say about pleasing everybody all of the time... :)

Oh, as a reference: It's bad to uninstall an extension while the sidebar it provides is still visible - the browser breaks until you re-install the extension. Of course, this is completely not your fault - it's <abbr title="problem exists between keyboard and chair">PEBKAC</abbr>.
poot.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Mook wrote:Thank you :) You know what they say about pleasing everybody all of the time... :)

Oh, as a reference: It's bad to uninstall an extension while the sidebar it provides is still visible - the browser breaks until you re-install the extension. Of course, this is completely not your fault - it's <abbr title="problem exists between keyboard and chair">PEBKAC</abbr>.
You're welcome... and a funny thing happened to the sidebar on the way to the market.... LOL.. actually it's my evil plan to keep you hooked....hehehe
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Minor Update: Aug 21, 2004
v0.4.1.01
- FIXED: cleanup of v0.4.1 code
- UPDATED: Minor Context Menu Adjustments

Download Latest Version Enhanced History Manager