MozillaZine

File menu "Open" and "Save As" dialog box text invisible

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Kmuser1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 3rd, 2017, 12:02 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 12:20 pm

Hi guys,

Really need help with something that has just cropped up regarding SeaMonkey browser.

I've found that no text labels are visible in the folder or directory panes of the File menu dialog boxes such as those concerning Save File As, Open File or Print.

Also, right-click dialog boxes display only grid of blank boxes rather than options.

I have installed/uninstalled several times version 2.48 but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 117738
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 12:42 pm

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Kmuser1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 3rd, 2017, 12:02 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 1:51 pm

DanRaisch wrote:Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode


Yes, exactly the same thing happens in Safe Mode.

frg
 
Posts: 430
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 2:16 pm

This sounds like a graphics driver problem. Did it work before?

Which OS? Windows 7?

FRG

Kmuser1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 3rd, 2017, 12:02 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 2:26 pm

frg wrote:This sounds like a graphics driver problem. Did it work before?

Which OS? Windows 7?

FRG


Yes, it was working normally since I first started using SeaMonkey on the computer, for 2-3 years so far. I'm also running Firefox but it doesn't have these issues.

I'm using Windows 7.

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 17806
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted September 4th, 2017, 4:17 am

just cropped up

Just cropped up when?
Ever since installing SeaMonkey 2.48?
Or you've had 2.48 installed, working as expected, & over the last couple of days the issue presented itself?

Using any kind of Windows "theme manager"?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Kmuser1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: September 3rd, 2017, 12:02 pm

Post Posted September 4th, 2017, 10:08 am

therube wrote:
just cropped up

Just cropped up when?
Ever since installing SeaMonkey 2.48?
Or you've had 2.48 installed, working as expected, & over the last couple of days the issue presented itself?

Using any kind of Windows "theme manager"?


Yeah, I first noticed it after installing 2.48 about 2 days ago. Odd dialog box behaviour.

I haven't set up or been adjusting settings in anything to do with themes.

Return to SeaMonkey Bugs


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests