Forget this site

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Gilgamesh1025

Forget this site

Post by Gilgamesh1025 »

Why WHYYYY is there not a yes/no prompt after you miss "delete this page" and click this instead?????

I just lost 6 years of history on an internet forum or hopefully only about 1 year if I can figure out how to merge data from two places.sqlite files
TPR75

Re: Forget this site

Post by TPR75 »

Gilgamesh1025 wrote:Why WHYYYY is there not a yes/no prompt after you miss "delete this page" and click this instead?????
If you deleted bookmarked page/website then open Bookmark Manager and hit Ctrl+z (one or more times). It should revert delete action.
--
Gilgamesh1025

Post by Gilgamesh1025 »

TPR75 wrote:
Gilgamesh1025 wrote:Why WHYYYY is there not a yes/no prompt after you miss "delete this page" and click this instead?????
If you deleted bookmarked page/website then open Bookmark Manager and hit Ctrl+z (one or more times). It should revert delete action.
Oh man :( I killed SeaMonkey in the task manager while it was deleting the history, but wasn't fast enough.
Gilgamesh1025

Post by Gilgamesh1025 »

Yeah ctrl+z didn't work. Tho didn't really expect anything after 2 browser restarts. Thanks for the suggestion, still

The "forget this site" menu option really needs a big fat warning prompt ;(
unbeleevabull

Post by unbeleevabull »

TPR75: The "Forget about this site" context menu item is on the History items not Bookmarks.

Gilgamesh: you should never count on browser History being permanent, long term. That is not what is there for. If you want to save urls and/or content there are better ways to do that.
Gilgamesh1025

Post by Gilgamesh1025 »

Erm, yes, I should back up the profile folder more often. But I also shouldn't be able to delete half my browsing history without a prompt just by clicking 10 pixels off. When I select a couple thousand files on my hard drive and click "delete" instead of "properties", I get a yes/no prompt. We aren't in DOS anymore.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)