Saving rich message format as file lacks images

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
terjejh

Saving rich message format as file lacks images

Post by terjejh »

Hello,

SeaMonkey 1.1.14 email client views correctly received MS created rich message with embedded images correctly located. After saving this message as file.eml from SM and next File>Open File with SM email client again displays the file correctly with images.

The task is to save the rich message format as a file.html so that it can be loaded with images in a web browser and also in OpenOffice.org to export it as pdf or possibly a file.jpg.

1) However, if I right click on file.eml and select Open with>Seamonkey from the context menu, the web browser is opened which displays the file.eml without images. Only text and text references ole0.bmp instead of the image are shown.

2) I tried also to force the file type .html when saving the message to file, without more success.

SM Email client: File>Save as>File
Save as type: Dropdown and select html
and remove eml from the file name above

Opening this file.html from Seamonkey or from Firefox browsers hold only text and a text reference ole0.bmp, that is no image visible.
The same happends if I right click on file.html and select Open with>Seamonkey from the context menu.

Is this a bug or lack of this functionality?

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen
raj_bhaskar

Re: Saving rich message format as file lacks images

Post by raj_bhaskar »

While I don't have a direct solution for you, since you say that you'd like the document available as a PDF, you could install a PDF printer driver such as PDFCreator and 'print' the email message into a PDF, which would maintain the images etc.
terjejh

Post by terjejh »

With Firefox 3.0.6 on the same machine and openSUSE 11.1 has this option:
File > Print > Print to file
select 'Print to file' output format PDF (instead of PS default)
and here the dialog window as a screen shot
http://bildr.no/view/360253

I can't remember to have downloaded this as a FF addon.
SeaMonkey File>Print doesn't show this option.
mastershu

Post by mastershu »

Ahh Raj, I was looking for an answer to this exact same problem and Googled this, and just had to say thanks very much! Not a direct solution but a good workaround. I forgot all about printing to a PDF.