Very problematic bugs that persist, confuse, detract a lot

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
schapel

Post by schapel »

CappuchinoMan wrote:You are very effective in your debating. I can see now that really I shouldn't bother contributing anything, so that's my plan now.

Oh, please don't go! What will we ever do without you!!!
CappuchinoMan

schapel, you are truly a miserable person

Post by CappuchinoMan »

You kind of maintain your existance like a vampire it would appear.
jonathanbrickman0000

Re: Calm down!

Post by jonathanbrickman0000 »

Developers are more likely to respond favourably to a kindly worded bug report (or possibly a polite forum post) which consicely reports the issue or problem and requests (not demands) help for their resolution. We need to show respect for all software developers working on Mozilla development!

I applogize for any anger in my post. I am tired of people who post demands that <i>their</i> bug be fixed now. People should know that the developers are working very hard at producing what I feel is the best browser available on any platform. The deserve to be treated with respect! If we feel there is an unresolved issue (i.e. a bug) with Mozilla, disagree with a decision made by Mozilla org. or one or more developers we need to discuss it calmly and respectfully. Demands that our list of bugs be fixed now are out of place and show our disrecpt for the software cevelopers working on Mozilla. My suggestion is to ask politely for help. You might find that someone may actually offer to help you. They might even help you with bugzilla if you are not sure how to use it to file a bug.

O.K. I think your words make a whole lot of sense. Let's see if they are true. I have been reporting the Quick Launch bug every few months for about a year. At first I received a little bit of communication; since then, nothing, including nothing on how I might be able to sign up for Bugzilla (mysteriously, it won't send me a confirmation email). But now, a developer has actually publicly claimed that this bug (listed under two different numbers in the 1.2.1 Release Notes) is a feature (see Quick Launch bug thread)!

So I'll make it very clear. I would love to help developers solve the Quick Launch bug. I would love to communicate for this purpose via either email or Bugzilla. I offer my time and system for tests. I am very interested in helping Mozilla become the best browser around. But calling the Quick Launch bug a feature is the latter two-thirds of FUD, and this is not good.

I am not demanding that the Quick Launch bug be solved now. I am offering to help, in the understanding that it will take time. I am stating that it is a bug, and that it is not good to call it a feature. I am stating that I have many times offered to help, and many times been ignored. I am stating that it is a bug, and a substantial bug. I am stating that, regardless of contradictory opinions of "authoritative" developers running 1.6 GHz PCs with half-gigs of RAM, it is a bug serious enough to render Mozilla not acceptable under a very large quantity of good Win32 systems.