An annoying problem. It would be great if you could help.

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Revex

An annoying problem. It would be great if you could help.

Post by Revex »

I firstly installed mozilla and it worked perfectly. Suddenly all the web pages I was trying to view were messing up. Shockwave.com in particular. So I uninstalled mozilla and reinstalled it. The problem continued so I uninstalled it again and installed netscape. The problem was the same in netscape so I unistalled it and thought what the hell and tryed mozilla again. It worked perfectly for about 5 mins then when trying to go back into mozilla I would get the mozilla splash screen then it would just freeze. I reinstalled but the freezing problem is still there :(.

Any help would be fantastic !! :D :D :D

Cheers
betz

Delete your profiles

Post by betz »

You can try to delete all Mozilla and Netscape profiles you find (don't forget to safe your bookmarks, mails etc) and install Mozilla/Netscape again.
On WindowsNT/XP the profiles are in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla
good luck!
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

I does sound like a profile problem, but then again it could also be due to some misconfigured plugin. To see if it's a profile problem, create a new profile and run Mozilla with the profile you have just created. If the problems persist, it may be a plugin-problem. Delete all the files in the plugins folder and restart Mozilla.
(Note: always make a backup of important files in your profile / your entire profile before trying anything out).

Gunnar
http://mozilla.gunnars.net - The Mozilla Help Site