why does seamonkey create two flashplayer instances ?

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

why does seamonkey create two flashplayer instances ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since a long time, i noticed seamonkey creates always two instances of flashplayer (by example FlashPlayerPlugin_11_9_900_117.exe).
i can see them in the windows 7 task manager.

why both doesn't use the same % of cpu usage, neither the memory usage ?

I have a huge hardware config, and that both process are always the more consumable ressources process.

What i hate the more, is that when you are on a webpage which have twice the same flash animation (often the one which promote a old plane video game), the cpu usage go crazy and high, higher that i can hear my cpu fan ! i repeat, i have a huge hardware config, so this problem must be a bug somewhere.

when i open the same page (under chrome or Ie), the one with the double same animation, the cpu usage is not so higher !

in the old years, seamonkey didn't use the plugin-container (seamonkey 1.x i think), and flash animation and cpu usage were not so high and noised.

Actually, it is the problem that make me balancing the more in the Chrome usage : broswe webpage with flash without listen to my cpu fan ! Else, i have to constantly kill the plugin-container instance once i open to many page with multiple flashes advert and animation (abused flash and natural flash uses)

thank for help (else not, i could really fall into a constant dealy Chrome way...)

ps : i don't have the url of the double flash animation, once i got one, i will try to put it here
therube

Re: why does seamonkey create two flashplayer instances ?

Post by therube »

If I'm recalling, it had to do with "Integrity Level", with one thread running at Medium, the other at Low, running in a safer manner then if both threads (or a single thread) ran at Medium.

Inside Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox

Designing Applications to Run at a Low Integrity Level
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript