"Save link target as" doesn't work any more

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Zosimos

"Save link target as" doesn't work any more

Post by Zosimos »

The title says it all. This option simply doesn't do anything now. Sometimes I see my modem lights blinking for a while after trying to use it. Maybe the data gets downloaded anyway and the menu is skipped for some reason? It would be nice to actually get to choose where to save the data instead of having it just disappear.
ElTxolo

Re: "Save link target as" doesn't work any more

Post by ElTxolo »

Image For me, it works perfectly fine, no problem at all. (Win XP & GNU/Linux)
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

Zosimos wrote: It would be nice to actually get to choose where to save the data instead of having it just disappear.

Edit ==> Preferences ==>Browser(left pane) ==>Downloads ==> When Saving a file ==> set radio button to "Always ask ..."
Zosimos

Post by Zosimos »

Yeah, and that's what it's been set to all along. That's why I posted to the bugs forum. Still trying to figure out what other settings might affect it. I guess I can create a whole new profile and see if it works that way.
Zosimos

Post by Zosimos »

OK, looks like this problem comes from copying a profile from Linux to Windows. The path in *nix systems is different from Windows. Doesn't begin with a drive letter. So if I had downloaded from a site before copying the profile, it had stored the path that I saved to and then recalled it in Windows. Instead of giving a decent error message or ignoring the invalid path, Windows would just drop the request on the floor. After editing the saved "preferences" data to remove all invalid paths, "save link target as" seems to work ok again.