View pane and junk mail

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
schizen

View pane and junk mail

Post by schizen »

Well I liked sea monkey other than one thing that irked me that was the junk mail that does not learn no mater how many times I tell it mail is not junk it marks it as junk. I do not see why I should add every address I use to shop at to my address book just to stop it being marked as junk I would never find any of my private addresses for which I use the address book. Now to make me even more hacked off is the mail view pane and that is what it is a B....... pain.
I hate it and until recently it did as I told it not to operate but since a recent update no mater how many times I turn it off it automatically switches itself on again and compromises my security by opening potential junk and offering an open door to any malware etc. to my computer.
Why is it when improving things people always make them worse?
Last edited by LIMPET235 on January 8th, 2014, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the title a little.
dunegoon

Re: View pane and junk mail

Post by dunegoon »

I prefer to run my email with view>layout>message pane (unchecked) --- off for the reasons you mentioned also. If I want to see message contents, I'll click on it. For the last several version of SeaMonkey, something has gone wrong. Whenever I tag a message as junk, the preview pane appears. I really don't want any part of a suspect message rendered even though there may be other protections, not the least of which is the display of objectionable text.

To turn the message pane off again, one must go through the the configuration twice: either click in the little control on the bottom of the thread pane twice, or go again to view>layout>message pane (which shows off even though the preview pane is display in error after marking a message as junk). You must toggle it on, and then toggle it off, all of which takes several operations.

I have three machines in the house which are used for both business and personal use. Two are Windows 7 and one is on Windows Vista.

Because of this issue, I have given up on the junk mail controls. It is unusable in the current state.

I also have a bit of a museum: Windows 95 with Netscape Navigator, a Windows 98 with an old SeaMonkey version. These are just hanging for history's sake, they are almost never used. Finally, I have two XP machines in the fab shop that run only the SeaMonkey browser for researching parts on the Internet.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dunegoon

Post by dunegoon »

I haven't seen this action and it is not the same as I describe. Thanks for the link, though. Do you recommend I file an official bug report? I need to learn where and how to do that, I guess.