bug in SM 2.25 HTML decoding?

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
mlkoshino

bug in SM 2.25 HTML decoding?

Post by mlkoshino »

In IE, Chrome, and Firefox, http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/ultra-fast-fibre/ displays correctly, and the different prices for the three package options reflect the different GB caps of 80, 150, and 500 GB.

However, in SM 2.25, the cited GB cap is 80 GB for each of the three differently priced options. Hence, the information shown on the screen makes no sense.

This must be some sort of HTML decoding problem in the SM browser. Not very helpful !!
Gort

Re: bug in SM 2.25 HTML decoding?

Post by Gort »

I see no problem from my side. All seems as you describe it as it should be. Try running SeaMonkey in Safe Mode (Help>Restart with Addons Disabled), which disables your extensions (if you have any) and resets some (not all) configuration options. If it works after that, then it's likely an extension issue.
therube

Post by therube »

You're blocking JavaScript (NoScript perhaps) for vodafone.co.nz.
When I do the same, I too see "80, 80, 80".
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mlkoshino

Post by mlkoshino »

Add-ins, extensions and plug-ins have not been altered in any way, and as far as I know I'm not blocking Java script.

However, After my earlier post, I checked the Vodafone page again and the data caps are now displaying correctly !!

I did phone Vodafone and tell them about this apparent problem, so perhaps they fixed some weird bug in their coding that only affected SM.