Address book names won't stay alphabetized

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
jdarney

Address book names won't stay alphabetized

Post by jdarney »

I'm having an address book problem. It worked fine for years. Now all of a sudden, it is scrambling the order of names. If I click on the top bar it just reverses the scrambled order, it does not alphabetize it. If I hit the top over email addresses, it does the same thing. But then, if I return to the names column it will alphabetize. The problem is, it will not save them that way. IE: I have to go through that each time I want want to select recipients. Any ideas? ](*,)
ElTxolo

Re: Address book names won't stay alphabetized

Post by ElTxolo »

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

My friend and I have just come down with the same problem mentioned in this posting. However, I didn't understand how to fix it. We both recently downloaded SeaMonkey 2.29.1 when this problem started. I reloaded 2.29.1, but the problem still exists. How can we fix this problem?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Bluelead wrote:My friend and I have just come down with the same problem mentioned in this posting. However, I didn't understand how to fix it. We both recently downloaded SeaMonkey 2.29.1 when this problem started. I reloaded 2.29.1, but the problem still exists. How can we fix this problem?
The fix is coming in SeaMonkey 2.30. If there is a 2.29.2 then it will have the fix.
jdarney

Post by jdarney »

If you can follow my work around, it isn't too bad once you get used to doing it. Maybe this will make it clearer. From a Compose window, select "Options", then "Select Address". Pick the folder with the name(s) you want. When that opens, click on email addresses, then back to names on top. The names will then be alphabetical. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay that way so we're stuck until the update happens. Hope that helps.
Bluelead

Post by Bluelead »

That is the work around that I have had to use, too. Thanks for sharing. Might help others viewing this post.
jdarney

Post by jdarney »

Latest Seamonkey update fixed it today. Thanks!!! =D>