PDF files won't open

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Lemon Juice

Re: PDF files won't open

Post by Lemon Juice »

Wuxin wrote:I tried what you are suggesting but it does not work.

The reason I asked you which specific stage of the procedure does not work is because such generic statements like above don't tell us much about what doesn't work. I can't reproduce the problem on my installation so I really have no idea what is exactly broken on your end.

Wuxin wrote:I tried to copy and paste the flag that came up but it would not highlight. It was something about "Adobe Reader does not recognize this file or it was damaged (as in opening an attachment from a file) or improperly decoded."

Again, I have no idea what 'flag' you are talking about since saving an attachment doesn't involve copying & pasting any flags. I don't really know what you are doing and what is happening on your computer without more specific descriptions of the problem or screenshots.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
murman

Post by murman »

I too am having this issue. A blank page comes up with a URL of "about:blank". Under preferences/helper applications/Portable Document Format I have tried both checking Always Ask, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Preview (app) - all the same outcome. Thanks for any help - tried to install a plugin previously suggested but wont work with my Seamonkey version 2.33.1.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Scroll down this page mozilla/pdf.js · GitHub and try the Development Version under Browser Extensions Firefox.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
therube

Post by therube »

@murman, does your issue deal with a pdf attachment in an email?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
murman

Post by murman »

Thanks WLS, I'll try that. Therube: no - I am referring to web browser pdf links - ie: click on "sample plan" at https://www.westernturfreplacement.com/ ... uidelines/ and I get a blank page with a url of: about:blank
Thanks!
murman

Post by murman »

WLS - That worked! Thanks so much - I just wonder why this functionality is not a staple of the browser, but I'm not complaining :)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

murman wrote:WLS - That worked! Thanks so much - I just wonder why this functionality is not a staple of the browser, but I'm not complaining :)

It is built into Firefox, no extension necessary.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5