tired of abused confirm box dialog window

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

tired of abused confirm box dialog window

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i notice seamonkey really does not manage the javascript "confirm box" like it manages well the Alertbox.
so there are a lot of website abuses....
here one i caught :

http://requiredupdate.net/?dist_id=394&channel=ac_f3&v=ico&c=f293d1b075332271e0e2a35779645a4b&cid=u56493e6050371a35668ba7581d&pubid=60786&v_id=6d11551e26370434f465def818b63fb8

once the confirmbox appears, i do "ESC" key, them try to close the tab by using the right cross, but the confirmbox is display again and again.......
i am forced to chose one option to close the tab page !!!!

Even, seamonkey does not detect many confirmbox in the same seconds to desable them like it does well with Alertbox.

then i choose "leave" in the option to close my tab, and after the tab-page is close, another confirmbox reappears !!!!
i hate confirmboxs like that...

best regards
TPR75

Re: tired of abused confirm box dialog window

Post by TPR75 »

Regardless of SeaMonkey 2.30 some "mistakes" why are using such websites like above? Outdated software and probably contaminated with malware, back-doors, Trojans, viruses, whatever...
Such websites like above are made to force users to lower their security up to completely remote control by criminals. Zombie PCs...

Skip middlemen, use original source. E.g. Flash Player plugins are available here:
http://www.adobe.com/pl/products/flashp ... tion3.html
Full installers, not some "web suckers"...
--
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

i am not chose to navigate on such website, it is open (redirectly) without my authorisation when i click some link or even click a single image. i know it is malware....
than why i need to close them quickly, but ESC key isn'to working, even simple close tab button.
it seem the security of confirm dialogbox have a lot of leaks.....
trolly

Post by trolly »

There was a tip for Firefox, don't know if it works for Seamonkey:
Drag the tab to a new window and then close that window.

If this setting exists, set it to true: dom.disable_beforeunload
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.