Browser info tester site not working

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Anonymosity

Browser info tester site not working

Post by Anonymosity »

Why does the Browser info tester bookmark not work with SeaMonkey 2.31? It used to work with all my browsers: Firefox, Opera (older, Presto engine), Safari,
and SeaMonkey (before this version). I think it has binary code in place of a location.
The bookmark:
data:text/html;base64,PGh0bWw+PGJvZHk+PHNjcmlwdD52YXIgaW5mbz0nQnJvd3NlciBJbmZvcm1hdGlvb
jo8YnI+JzsgZm9yKHZhciBwcm9wIGluIG5hdmlnYXRvcil7aWYodHlwZW9mIG5hdmlnYXRvcltwcm9wXSAhPSAn
ZnVuY3Rpb24nICYmIHR5cGVvZiBuYXZpZ2F0b3JbcHJvcF0gIT0gJ29iamVjdCcpIGluZm8rPXByb3ArJzogJytuYX
ZpZ2F0b3JbcHJvcF0rJzxicj4nfTtkb2N1bWVudC5vcGVuKCk7ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUoaW5mbyk7ZG9jdW1lb
nQuY2xvc2UoKTs8L3NjcmlwdD48L2JvZHk+PC9odG1sPg==
patrickjdempsey

Re: Browser info tester site not working

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Any background to what this is, where it's from, what it does? I'm not a big fan of clicking on encrypted bookmarklets.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Anonymosity, can that be broken up so it doesn't kill the forum format?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
therube

Post by therube »

Code: Select all

<html><body><script>var info='Browser Information:<br>';
for(var prop in navigator){if(typeof navigator[prop] != 'function' && typeof navigator[prop] != 'object') info+=prop+': '+navigator[prop]+'<br>'};
document.open();document.write(info);document.close();</script></body></html>
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

Maybe it has to do with the new "fast urlbar search" (or whatever that deal was)?

Or that you can't paste javascript: URI into the urlbar (in FF)?

(Yes, I'm shooting blindly.)
[Oh, & then I'm forgetting what forum I'm in, as SeaMonkey & FF work differently in that respect.]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Do you mean that the bookmark is essentially a for-next loop or an if-then statement? It is not a bookmarklet. It is not using javascript the way a bookmarklet does. I took it to be binary code. What it is supposed to do is give information about the user-agent, and other aspects of the browser's request header. With SM 2.31, it does nothing but produce a blank page. It still works with FF 24.8.1esr, with Safari, and with older Opera. The output I get from Firefox is this:

Browser Information:
appCodeName: Mozilla
appName: Netscape
appVersion: 5.0 (Macintosh)
language: en
platform: MacIntel
oscpu: Intel Mac OS X 10.6
vendor:
vendorSub:
product: Gecko
productSub: 20100101
userAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
cookieEnabled: false
onLine: true
buildID: 20140923194127
doNotTrack: yes

therube,
I gather that your code was a translation of what the bookmark does? It works in Firefox and Safari, but not in SeaMonkey 2.31.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Have you enabled javascript to run in the urlbar?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Anonymosity wrote:Do you mean that the bookmark is essentially a for-next loop or an if-then statement?

I mean it contains this

for(var prop in navigator)

which is valid code but it's completely broken in SM >= 2.31 (throws an error) and has been since 2.31 was Nightly.

Anonymosity wrote:It is not a bookmarklet. It is not using javascript the way a bookmarklet does. I took it to be binary code

It's not "binary code" but itself an entire HTML document (base64-encoded). That HTML document has a script tag.

Anonymosity wrote:therube,
I gather that your code was a translation of what the bookmark does?

therube posted the base64-decoded HTML of the bookmark.

patrickjdempsey wrote:Have you enabled javascript to run in the urlbar?

Doesn't matter what the code is part of or whether URL bar JS is allowed, this bookmark's JS is not going to work in SeaMonkey 2.31 because enumerating the content window navigator object is broken.
If you're thinking that's needed because the bug report says to toggle noscript.allowURLBarJS, those are just instructions for one way to reproduce, but it's not the only way.
(Actually the way I discovered that bug was noticing that my personal SeaMonkey port of Fx 15's Web Console wasn't offering completion suggestions when I type "window.navigator.".)
Last edited by barbaz on October 4th, 2019, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Have you enabled javascript to run in the urlbar?

What do you mean? I have javascript enabled. Is there some special setting now to allow it to run in the URLbar? If so, why do bookmarklets work right now?
therube

Post by therube »

What barbaz is saying is that there is a bug.
You (your bookmarklet) is affected by that bug.

You can run an instance of SeaMonkey 2.30 & verify it works.
And you can run an instance of SeaMonkey 2.31 & see that it does not work.

If working, you should get something like:

Browser Information:
doNotTrack: unspecified
oscpu: Windows NT 5.1
vendor:
vendorSub:
productSub: 20100101
cookieEnabled: true
buildID: 20141013232806
appCodeName: Mozilla
appName: Netscape
appVersion: 5.0 (Windows)
platform: Win32
userAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0 SeaMonkey/2.30
product: Gecko
language: en-US
onLine: true
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Thanks for the info. I can still get information about my user-agent from at least 4 other websites, so not a huge calamity.