SeaMonkey Mail changes fonts

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
psgny

SeaMonkey Mail changes fonts

Post by psgny »

When I send email, it looks normal, but the recipient receives an email with the first line or most of the first line in larger, bold face type and the balance of the message in normal font. My default font is Body Text in Arial. If I try to forward or reply, both still show as Body/Arial
TPR75

Re: SeaMonkey Mail changes fonts

Post by TPR75 »

psgny wrote:When I send email, it looks normal, but the recipient receives an email with the first line or most of the first line in larger, bold face type and the balance of the message in normal font. My default font is Body Text in Arial. If I try to forward or reply, both still show as Body/Arial

All recipients or just one? Are they using SeaMonkey, other mail clients or web-mail? Did you sent message as "plain text" or "HTML"?
--
psgny

Post by psgny »

TPR75 wrote:
psgny wrote:When I send email, it looks normal, but the recipient receives an email with the first line or most of the first line in larger, bold face type and the balance of the message in normal font. My default font is Body Text in Arial. If I try to forward or reply, both still show as Body/Arial

All recipients or just one? Are they using SeaMonkey, other mail clients or web-mail? Did you sent message as "plain text" or "HTML"?
Don't know if it's all or some. I can only tell when they reply with my original email. But it appears to be most. I have no idea what they use, but I presume most are using Outlook. I have HTML checked in composition preferences
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

psgny wrote:
TPR75 wrote:All recipients or just one? Are they using SeaMonkey, other mail clients or web-mail? Did you sent message as "plain text" or "HTML"?

Don't know if it's all or some. I can only tell when they reply with my original email. But it appears to be most. I have no idea what they use, but I presume most are using Outlook. I have HTML checked in composition preferences

It can be their problem not yours. If you can try to send to and receive messages from users of SeaMonkey and/or Thunderbird.

Are there some emoticons in text? If yes try to disable them.

If you're not using HTML "things" like color text, smaller or bigger fonts than default, in-text pictures/photos then switch to "plain text".
--