Can not save attachments

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Wilko Verweij

Can not save attachments

Post by Wilko Verweij »

Hi,
Since the latest update I can not save attachments from my email anymore. The program allows me to indicate where I want to save my file, but then tells me it can not OPEN the file (OK, I understand, because I do not want to open but to save). This suggests something is wrong with the flags for OPENFILENAME. I hope this can be solved.
Wilko
TPR75

Re: Can not save attachments

Post by TPR75 »

Wilko Verweij wrote:Since the latest update I can not save attachments from my email anymore. The program allows me to indicate where I want to save my file, but then tells me it can not OPEN the file (OK, I understand, because I do not want to open but to save).

It's about Windows's UAC (User Account Control). You can disable UAC (not safe if there is no advanced firewall/security suite) or just "open again" folder by clicking on the left "folder tree" (Downloads, Documents or what you want).
--
Wilko Verweij

Post by Wilko Verweij »

Thanks, but that does not solve the problem. This worked fine since the last update and now does not work anymore.
Wilko
therube

Post by therube »

> Since the latest update

What were you running prior?

Where are you trying to save the attachments to?
Certain directories you may not be able to, blocked by Windows; like the root of C: or in /Program Files/.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Wilko Verweij

Post by Wilko Verweij »

therube wrote:> Since the latest update
What were you running prior?

I am using SeaMonkey for years. I always update if a new version is available so it must have been the previous one (don't know the number).

therube wrote:Where are you trying to save the attachments to?
Certain directories you may not be able to, blocked by Windows; like the root of C: or in /Program Files/.

Yes, I am aware of this. I tried several locations, starting in directories under 'My Documents', but nothing worked.

The odd thing is that the program says it can not OPEN the file; it does not say it can not SAVE the file...
Wilko
therube

Post by therube »

All attachment types or only certain?

? Actions for attachment file types
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Wilko Verweij

Post by Wilko Verweij »

Thanks. Don't think this is the issue. I am not trying to open the file from within Seamonkey, I am only trying to save it/decouple it. I encountered this new problem with several file types.