SeaMonkey 2.35 bookmark problem and other things

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
TPR75

SeaMonkey 2.35 bookmark problem and other things

Post by TPR75 »

Hello,
Since update to version 2.35 I can't add new bookmark for site that is remembered already (the same address/URL).

For example:
When I add URL

Code: Select all

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=51

for the very first time it works. But when I decide to add the same URL again (I moved "old one" to a group of bookmarks or folder... or just I'm adding bookmark after long time and I forgot about first/old one) then no go - bookmark is not saved because there is one already.

This is for function "Bookmark This Page (Ctrl+Shift+D)". When I use "File Bookmark (Ctrl+D)" then it always works. But first one is "fast&easy". IMHO it's a bug not a feature.

Another thing is "news.mozilla.org" server added when auto-update ("Software Update") function was used. When full offline installer will be used then it's OK (no new news server). In past (few last month) there were at least two discussions on Support sub-forum related to bug with "news.mozilla.org" server added without will and knowledge of users that was blocking adding new e-mail accounts. Looks like "old bug".

All above things happens for my old profile and for completely new one (even in portable version).

Other thing is problem with spelling function. Sometimes is not remembering language for e-mail messages (Polish) and is switching to English. E.g. I'm writing new (this) message on mozillaZine forum in English and new e-mail in Polish. When I switch between windows then sometimes English language is set instead of Polish in e-mail. When I start new e-mail then language for spelling is not remembered an I must switch from English to Polish. For web sites it happens less often.

I'm using localized Polish version of SeaMonkey:
http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/moz ... 202.35.exe
SHA: 59c8f7145efd2fca7f674e13330d3193587bfeca

These "features" are new - for SeaMonkey 2.33.1 there were no such problems.
--
therube

Re: SeaMonkey 2.35 bookmark problem and other things

Post by therube »

The bookmark issue, I see the same in SeaMonkey 2.33.1 & 2.35.
Ctrl+Shift+D does not allow dups, where Ctrl+D does (thankfully).
(I always use Ctrl+D, but I believe the behavior you've mentioned has been around for a long while now.)

FF is even more restrictive as it appears it doesn't allow dups by keyboard action (that I can see), though you can drag a "URL" to the bookmark manager (or sidebar) & create dups that way.
(I purposely have & want dups.)

Hashes are here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/re ... 5/SHA1SUMS, & your hash is correct.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

TPR75 wrote:Other thing is problem with spelling function. Sometimes is not remembering language for e-mail messages (Polish) and is switching to English. E.g. I'm writing new (this) message on mozillaZine forum in English and new e-mail in Polish. When I switch between windows then sometimes English language is set instead of Polish in e-mail. When I start new e-mail then language for spelling is not remembered an I must switch from English to Polish. For web sites it happens less often.
Bug 1210172 - SM cannot maintain the previous spelling choice - unfortunately, the change was intentional.

I created an extension to fix that: Last Dictionary for Mail

Still, the weird thing is that it's impossible to have two windows open side by side each with a different language for the spell check since the active window's language gets applied to the other window. However, this is only cosmetic issue because as soon as we focus on the other window it switches back to its correct language.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I don't understand what the problem is... why do you need to quick bookmark the same page twice? But I never use that feature because I hate using the "unsorted bookmarks" folder thingy.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/