SM 2.39, browser.display.use_document_fonts

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Dickwanst

SM 2.39, browser.display.use_document_fonts

Post by Dickwanst »

Good afternoon.

SM 2.38, 2.39 — default settings, no extensions, no plugins.
Switch browser.display.use _document_fonts;0 and restart.

1. on https://www.browserleaks.com/fonts can see five fonts.

2. on http://portableapps.com/apps and some other sites at the same time uses the font serif and sans serif.

3. When using userChrome.css, ignored #urlbar {font-family: Consolas! important}, and in the address bar uses the font specified in the Appearance-> Fonts-> Proportional (e.g.: Western-> Proportional: Serif-> Serif: Times New Roman. In the address bar will be Times New Roman).

In console only "UnknownError".
But in all, 2.21, 2.35 was OK. Can I change any file in omni.ja that fix it?

UPD: Updated the drivers, nothing has changed. On http://fingerprint.pet-portal.eu/?menu=1#start_test can see seven fonts.
Last edited by Dickwanst on January 9th, 2016, 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therube

Re: SM 2.39, browser.display.use_document_fonts

Post by therube »

You've got a space in there, should be, browser.display.use_document_fonts.

Oh, that's probably your issue.
When I set the Pref to 0, browserleaks shows '0 Fonts Detected'.

(And if I disable Flash, those fonts too are gone, 'Flash Player does not exist'.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Just a note about this setting: many websites are now using font characters for icons. So if you disable fonts, these websites will not correctly show icons, which may make it difficult to use certain features or in-site navigation.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Dickwanst

Post by Dickwanst »

@therube
Sorry, space was superfluous. Removed.

> Oh, that's probably your issue.
I also suspect that it is only my problem. I asked in another forum - nobody else confirmed.
I just wanted to see if i can try to fix it the replacement of files in omni.ja from earlier versions.
> And if I disable Flash...
Switch plugin.scan.plid.all; false - nothing has changed. In any case, Flash should not affect the font-family in the address bar.

@patrickjdempsey
> ...will not correctly show icons...
This is me not afraid, I'm used to:
browser.display.use_document_fonts;0
gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled;false
gfx.downloadable_fonts.woff2.enabled;false
noscript.forbidFonts;true
NS ABE:
Site fonts.*
Deny
therube

Post by therube »

Can I change any file in omni.ja
I don't think you can do that, any longer (used to be able to), or at least without much difficulty?

And have you tried that Pref in a new, clean Profile to make sure no other extensions/settings are affecting what you're seeing?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Dickwanst

Post by Dickwanst »

> I don't think you can do that...
Repackage omni I can.
> And have you tried...
Yes. As I wrote in the first message "default settings, no extensions, no plugins". I used SM 2.38 portable, 2.39 portable. Switched only a single configuration: browser ‹…› fonts;0
Dickwanst

Post by Dickwanst »

There was another person with the same symptoms. Problem with address bar and font enumeration was solved by using font.blacklist.underline_offset. It remains to deal with serif fonts instead of sans-serif on some sites.