the scrollbar is overlay by a float div !

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

the scrollbar is overlay by a float div !

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i don't know whenever it is a feature or a bug, but i never saw that in 20years.

how the auto-right floating div (menu witj icons) can overlay and hide the broswer scrollbar in this webpage :?

http://www.dameskarlette.com/2012/01/mo ... r-les.html

how can it be possible ?

i knew we can change the color, customize it,, resize it..., but not overlay it !
i always thought the scrollbar wasn't part of the render area, but it is definitely in the render zone !

strange feature!
TPR75

Re: the scrollbar is overlay by a float div !

Post by TPR75 »

Michael REMY wrote:hi,

i don't know whenever it is a feature or a bug, but i never saw that in 20years.

how the auto-right floating div (menu witj icons) can overlay and hide the broswer scrollbar in this webpage :?

http://www.dameskarlette.com/2012/01/mo ... r-les.html

how can it be possible ?

i knew we can change the color, customize it,, resize it..., but not overlay it !
i always thought the scrollbar wasn't part of the render area, but it is definitely in the render zone !

strange feature!
It's not a bug, it's a feature... :wink:

Here:

Code: Select all

|http://www.dameskarlette.com/?v=0&action=initial&widget*
... place this filter in ADB+ and it will not open again.

You want it "inside of website"? Then complain to webmasters of such lousy features - it is not on SeaMonkey side (Fx44 and IE11 have the same behavior)... :-"
--
LordOfTheBored

Post by LordOfTheBored »

I'm with Remy on this one. I honestly thought the content was REQUIRED to be within the browser's viewing area, and am very surprised it can pop out.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

LordOfTheBored wrote:I'm with Remy on this one. I honestly thought the content was REQUIRED to be within the browser's viewing area, and am very surprised it can pop out.
Is "classic" pop-up window within browser area or not? Those "widgets" are pop-ups IMHO... :-k
--
LordOfTheBored

Post by LordOfTheBored »

TPR75 wrote:
LordOfTheBored wrote:I'm with Remy on this one. I honestly thought the content was REQUIRED to be within the browser's viewing area, and am very surprised it can pop out.
Is "classic" pop-up window within browser area or not? Those "widgets" are pop-ups IMHO... :-k
The classic popup is within A browser window's viewing area.

I literally thought it was impossible for web content to escape the confines of a window like that. It creeps me out having stuff just hanging out of the frame.