Composer missing features on 64bit Windows

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
mrheckman

Composer missing features on 64bit Windows

Post by mrheckman »

I didn't see this previously posted in any of the SeaMonkey forums, but has anyone else seen that the user interface to Composer is missing features when SeaMonkey is installed on a 64-bit Windows system compared to the same build installed on a 32-bit system?

For example, the text highlighter button on the Format toolbar appears to the left of the "smaller font size" button on a 32-bit system, but there is no text highlighter button on a 64-bit system. Is this a bug? What could cause it?
frg

Re: Composer missing features on 64bit Windows

Post by frg »

Not seeing any differences here. Could you post a screenshot.

FRG
therube

Post by therube »

What versions of SeaMonkey & from where?
(At first I was thinking you were talking about 64-builds of SeaMonkey, but you must not be.)
And I gather this is in Win10, in each instance, where this his happening?
Composer is missing features
"Text highlighter" (not that I'm sure what that is?) & what else?

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

You can see an image of SM Composer with the text highlight tool at http://ataridogdaze.com/FreeWebsiteNoAd ... serLbl.gif. The tool disappeared for me a long time ago. It might've been about the time I switched to Win7 64-bit. It seems to me I managed to get it back once, but I don't use Composer anymore, so it wasn't an issue for me. If you use the DOMi to look at the Composer window's chrome, you can see it's supposed to be there. I didn't see that there has been a bug filed about it.
But then again, I may be wrong.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Ah, now I remember how I got it back. You have to set Composer to edit using CSS styles.

From the Composer window, click Edit | Preferences | Composer, then in the Editing section, check "Use CSS styles instead of HTML elements and attributes". That'll turn on the text highlight button on the editing toolbar.
But then again, I may be wrong.
therube

Post by therube »

OK, with that change, now I see it.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mrheckman

Post by mrheckman »

Oh, thanks so much! Checking the "Use CSS styles" box did the trick. There were several other features also missing when that box was unchecked.