My email client takes too long to delete after button punche

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
jgreer

My email client takes too long to delete after button punche

Post by jgreer »

I've reported this problem before and, with help from here it seemed to be fixed....but it's back. Whenever I try to delete an email, it takes many seconds - up to 10 - for that delete to take place. I was told in the past to go to the inbox, right-click-select properties-click on 'repair folder.' It doesn't work anymore.
Can anyone help?

'punched' not 'punche'
DanRaisch

Re: My email client takes too long to delete after button pu

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP?
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

It's a POP.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, try this procedure. First, backup your Profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup )

Create a new sub-folder under Local Folders. Copy all of the messages currently in your Trash folder to that new sub-folder.

Confirm that you have made the recommended backup of your Profile.

Close Thunderbird and navigate to your Profile folder. Delete both the file Trash.msf and the file Trash with no extension.

Restart Thunderbird and delete a message, which should cause Thunderbird to create a new Trash folder. Copy any messages you MUST have in your Trash folder from the sub-folder created above to the Trash folder. Compact the Trash folder after those messages are copied in.

The "Real Fix" entry in this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders#Real_fix also describes this process.