Update to 2.49 broke saved psswords in VERY old profile

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
BillT52

Update to 2.49 broke saved psswords in VERY old profile

Post by BillT52 »

I have a profile that I've been using since forever, I think back to SM 1.x. With the update to 2.49.1 and .2, it finally broke. Saved passwords no longer fill password fields that work fine if I go back to 2.48. And if I delete the password entry, then I don't get the popup to offer to save the password again.

I was able to restore my PC back to 2.48, copy the password file to a newer profile that I used for a while in the past, then upgraded, and the newer profile is fine. So probably not a bug except to the extent some new code doesn't handle a profile that's gone through all the file conversions since SM 1.x.
Bac_a_sable

Re: Update to 2.49 broke saved psswords in VERY old profile

Post by Bac_a_sable »

I do not have this problem: my profile date from.... mozilla suite (before splite to firefox/thunderbird and first seamonkey version)

Maybe you should update profile first in first 2.0 version: here whart i can read for version 2.40:

Before installing, make sure your computer meets the system requirements. SeaMonkey 2.40 will no longer offer to migrate your data from SeaMonkey 1.x or Mozilla 1.x at the first start after installation (bug 689437). In order to upgrade from such an old version, install the last SeaMonkey 2.0 release first, do the one-time profile upgrade, uninstall SeaMonkey 2.0 and then install your target release (e.g. this one).
You can find more details about installation, profile data and uninstallation in our install and uninstall document.