SeaMonkey update changed the browser language

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
cybrsk8r

SeaMonkey update changed the browser language

Post by cybrsk8r »

Hello,

I just did the update to the latest version. However, once SeaMonkey re-started, all the menus, etc. were changed to what looks like Chinese. Is this a bug in the updater? Is there any way, short of re-installing, to change the language back to English? Or can I D/L the proper update which will simply change my language back to English?

Thank you.

Eric
frg

Re: SeaMonkey update changed the browser language

Post by frg »

Were you updated or did you run the installer? You can just download the english installer and reinstall.
cybrsk8r

Post by cybrsk8r »

I got updated. If I run the installer, will it overwrite my user profiles? Or will it recognize that SeaMonkey already exists and just perform an update? I have the user profiles back-up up on another partition, but I'd rather not have to go thru that hassle. Maybe I'll wait a few days and see if this is a widespread issue that might prompt the publishing of a fix.
frg

Post by frg »

The installer will not overwrite your profile. For tests I now and then switch between de and en-US without problems.
jbaviera

Post by jbaviera »

Had this happen to me this morning. Reinstalled SeaMonkey. Logged of to go to work, and when I got home I logged into my PC, and it happened again. Had to reinstall SeaMonkey yet again.
ewong

Post by ewong »

Is it still doing this?
This statement is false.