Cloudflare

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
rainyd

Cloudflare

Post by rainyd »

I think, it's probably not a bug in Seamonkey, however since yesterday, I can't login to Nexus Mods anymore and getting this message loop:
Checking if the site connection is secure
users.nexusmods.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding
Is there any workaround to fix that issue?
Last edited by rainyd on January 10th, 2023, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TPR75

Re: Cloudflare

Post by TPR75 »

rainyd wrote:Is there any workaround to fix that issue?
Fast and easy? Use other browser (e.g. Firefox ESR).

Unfortunately, last week it was working for me but today I can't log-in too (constant reload).

When I changed UA to look like Firefox 91 then I can read this:
users.nexusmods.com
[ ] Verify you are human
users.nexusmods.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.
But clicking check box doesn't work.

Looks like they're using some "chrome" function not supported by SeaMonkey. "Error Console" shows some information about "outdated functions" and new version should be used. Bad luck for us... until some next release... [-o<
--
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

rainyd wrote:[....] I can't login to Nexus Mods anymore and getting this message loop:
users.nexusmods.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding

Works correctly in SeaMonkey 2.53.15:

BTW, Cloudflare is a real crappola and a cancer nightmare, as of today.

Cheers !! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
DerVVulfman

Post by DerVVulfman »

ElTxolo wrote:
rainyd wrote:[....] I can't login to Nexus Mods anymore and getting this message loop:

Works correctly in SeaMonkey 2.53.15:

( I M G P R O V I D E D )

BTW, Cloudflare is a real crappola and a cancer nightmare, as of today.

Cheers !! Image
Clearly we have an issue, and I too am suffering the issue with being unable to enter Nexus Mods as described previously. Insofar as an attempt to enter, the log-in loops between the screens:

users.nexusmods.com
Checking if site connection is secure

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
users.nexusmods.com
Connection is secure
Proceeding

According to ElTxolo , this doesn't occur with the earlier 2.53.15 build. With that being the case, then some change in the architecture of the recent builds to create this dilemma.

Yes, Cloudflare is ... a nuisance. But if 2.53.15 works, then the error lay in Seamonkey's current builds. Study and repair is clearly warranted.
frg

Post by frg »

It is a clownflare issue. I am seeing this on another site too. Same with older Firefox. They had this problem last year more widespread when they changed their code. Seems they put some new garbage in recently which breaks older browsers again at least on some sites. I don't know what they need to make this work. Nothing in the error log.

On the bright side you can build your own DDoS attack with it. Open a few tabs and load the site with js enabled. I bet the traffic will make the website owner happy over time :) Pretty idiotic to not test on older browser after this already happened but it is the state of the web. If it runs in current Chrome it is good to go and everyone running other stuff is a hater or a backwards yokel per default definition.

FG
Last edited by frg on January 19th, 2023, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerVVulfman

Post by DerVVulfman »

Well, now I have to state that ElTxolo was incorrect in his assessment.

Visible, I acquired from the Seamonkey Builds the beta of 2.53.15, and it clearly does NOT solve the issue.
Questioning Seamonkey support for various reasons now... claims its the websites when other browsers function, states users need to apply UA overrides (fixing it themselves) whilst no other browser has such need, suggests using other browsers... and closes topics when inconvenient.
frg

Post by frg »

There is nothing in the error log. Not sure what they want from SeaMonkey which is missing.
rainyd

Post by rainyd »

DerVVulfman wrote: Visible, I acquired from the Seamonkey Builds the beta of 2.53.15, and it clearly does NOT solve the issue.
Hardly surprising - I'm using rather recent build (from 13th January) of SeaMonkey 2.53.16 and still can't login, the problem is Cloudflare not SM.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

DerVVulfman wrote:Well, now I have to state that ElTxolo was incorrect in his assessment.
[....]

Let's see again ... Because, you seem to have some damn failure of comprehension, or you're just half blind. Image

Using GNU/Linux (NOT that WindoZe crappola) and SeaMonkey 2.53.15 (final release version), on SparkyLinux 7 (based on debian testing - bookworm/sid)

Here is an image from a few minutes ago (And as you can see, it works correctly without doing absolutely NOTHING):

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

ElTxolo wrote:[...] it works correctly without doing absolutely NOTHING
Nope. Doesn't work for me.

Main and mods' websites are accessible but I can't log-in. Cloudflare blocks me at this step:
https://users.nexusmods.com/auth/sign_in

Do you have account there? Can you log-in?

In Error Console I have i.a. such record:

Code: Select all

Security Error: Content at https://users.nexusmods.com/auth/sign_in may not load data from https://tzrpjq.cloudflarecaptcha.com/.
Cloudflare dropped such functionality:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/end-cloudflare-captcha/

But Fx and Ch. works so webdorks will change nothing... :(
--
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

TPR75 wrote:
ElTxolo wrote:[...] it works correctly without doing absolutely NOTHING
Nope. Doesn't work for me.
  • Honestly, I feel so sorry for you buddy. Image

But for me, I still have that crappy site working:

TPR75 wrote: Do you have account there? Can you log-in?
  • No, I don't have an account there. I don't even use that crappy site ...

~
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

ElTxolo wrote:
No, I don't have an account there. I don't even use that crappy site ...
Oh! In such case it's working for me too... ](*,)

Just click "LOG IN" button and write what was the result for you... :-"

If you can't find that button here is direct link:
https://users.nexusmods.com/auth/sign_in
:wink:
--
rainyd

Post by rainyd »

ElTxolo wrote: Let's see again ... Because, you seem to have some damn failure of comprehension, or you're just half blind. Image
You've clearly missed a point: no one in this thread said that Nexus Mods doesn't work as website, simply it's not possible anymore to login after their last update while using SM.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

TPR75 wrote:
ElTxolo wrote:
No, I don't have an account there. I don't even use that crappy site ...
Oh! In such case it's working for me too... ](*,)

Just click "LOG IN" button and write what was the result for you... :-"

• > Email or Username :
    "Please fill out this field"

It really is your problem (as a registered user), that some retarded administrators and SOB (you should complain to those worms), are dedicated to discriminate
    against some users of their crappy webpage, depending on the browser you are using.

So, I'm done with this thread. Image

~
DerVVulfman

Post by DerVVulfman »

Well, this topic was about the issues with the "Log In" system at Nexus Mods...
rainyd wrote:I think, it's probably not a bug in Seamonkey, however since yesterday, I can't login to Nexus Mods anymore and getting this message loop:
So I decided... write THEM about it:
support@nexusmods.com
I have been registered within Nexus Mods for quite some time. All throughout, I have also been a user of the original Mozilla browser and its later open-sourced descendent, Seamonkey. It too is hosted at the same Mozilla site as Firefox, Thunderbird and so forth. However, since you have imposed a Cloudflare test upon log-in within the site, entry has been impossible.

I and others have encountered, upon clicking the [LOG IN] button, suffer the repeated scrolling barrier:

Checking if site connection is secure
users.nexusmods.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

which in my case is replaced, if but for a split second with:

(√) Connection is secure
Proceeding...

So at least, yes, Cloudflare does verify that the connection between my PC and your service is safe and sound. However, it refuses access after that point.

I understand a first response would be to use another browser, but that itself would suggest losing what I have established with my browser for another. And if another site suggested to drop that browser for yet another... Essentially, I am loathe to be forced to change just as many other users of this browser.
This, I have just sent Nexus Mods literally within the past minute. With hope, a response will be met.

EDIT: A response was given with my followup.
Nexus Mods Support Wrote:

Hi there,

This issue is caused by either your browser add-ons (ad-block is a likely culprit) or privacy settings. Please see Troubleshooting website issues for our advice on possible causes.

See the Cloudflare section if you are stuck on the site connection page.

Hope this helps,
My response:
Understand, that the Troubleshooting page you suggested does not help. As towards the use of ad-block and uBlock, I had of course disabled these, and my anti-virus, in an effort to gain entry. Yet, the issue with the Cloudflare security measure remained.

I had not required to disable either my antivirus nor adblockersin the past. The fault is not with these. And again, I have had not an issue to gain entry until two weeks ago. The fault lay here.
I am unsure if they wish to resolve it, supplying such an automated response.

EDIT: Roughly 1 hour later, I received this.
As mentioned in the troubleshooting article, we only support a limited selection of browsers. These are the most commonly used ones by the community using our website.

As you are using Seamonkey, we cannot offer any further advice on how to allow you setup to pass the Cloudflare check. If you are able to log in from one of the supported browsers, this will confirm that Seamonkey is the issue.
Nexus mods refuses further support.
Questioning Seamonkey support for various reasons now... claims its the websites when other browsers function, states users need to apply UA overrides (fixing it themselves) whilst no other browser has such need, suggests using other browsers... and closes topics when inconvenient.