Closing browser while in fullscreen mode breaks fullscreen

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
coffeebreaks

Closing browser while in fullscreen mode breaks fullscreen

Post by coffeebreaks »

The bug is known. (<A HREF="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=132371">bug 132271</A>) But it hurts me.

I am also experiencing the problem. It is really important for us so that this functionality is not broken (or that someone provides us a work-around).

Background: I am pushing for deploying mozilla in the delivery of our products. Some clients of our applications are supposed to run in standalone, without user interaction. They display information on TV screens. I would like mozilla to be used there, in full screen mode.
I have currently two problems, one of which is linked to that bug.
- my first problem, unrelated to that bug: I am trying to create a customized profile to help us deploy those clients easily. I couldn't find a way to start mozilla in FS mode. (but if anybody knows how to do that, please point me out something)
- the fact that mozilla will break its full screen mode when being stopped means that we won't be able to use mozilla for the deployment on these standalone machines. So I am in search of a workaround, perhaps a change to localstore.rdf file or something that lets us solve this problem.

Mozilla has made it very easy to develop and test our web application until there and its standards were better than IE for our needs. Plus it didn't require to reboot the machine after installation which is a plus for us in deployment and maintenance. Don't let us down so close to our goal!

Sorry for this long message, but I would appreciate to get some feedback on that issue.
No sig. is a sig.
coffeebreaks

Trying to solve buf 132371, broken localstore.rdf

Post by coffeebreaks »

I am trying to solve the aforementionned bug- Would appreciate som help.
See my comments on the bug.
No sig. is a sig.