How to copy my Mail-Accounts to another Harddrive ??

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
brankob

How to copy my Mail-Accounts to another Harddrive ??

Post by brankob »

Hallo!

I' wana switch my Harddrive for a biger one an have problems while moving my Mail Accounts to anothe drive. Just Copying the folders with my Mail data isn't enogh. The New instalation woun't not recognize the data i'd copied.

Has Anyone an idea about, how i' can import or copy my old messages?

BB
bim

Post by bim »

It should be able to copy your whole profile. When you re-install Mozilla just go to the profile manager, create a new profile and select the directory where the folder of your profile is in.
So if your profile is at d:\MozillaProfiles\brankob\ then you should select d:\MozillaProfiles\ and name your profile brankob
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: How to copy my Mail-Accounts to another Harddrive ??

Post by Alex Bishop »

brankob wrote:I' wana switch my Harddrive for a biger one an have problems while moving my Mail Accounts to anothe drive. Just Copying the folders with my Mail data isn't enogh. The New instalation woun't not recognize the data i'd copied.

Has Anyone an idea about, how i' can import or copy my old messages?

In your shiny new installation, set up your mail accounts as if you were doing it for the first time. Then close Mozilla and copy over your mail folder files (just the extensionless ones, not the .msf ones) to the appropriate place in your new profile. Restart Mozilla and all should be well.

If it isn't, I hope you kept backups. :-)
Alex