GAWAB.COM EMAIL INCORRECT PASSWORD

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
ablefamilee

GAWAB.COM EMAIL INCORRECT PASSWORD

Post by ablefamilee »

I have just installed SeaMonkey and am very impressed with it. That is, until I tried to login to my Gawab.com email account. Whilst I am able to retrieve emails from Gawab.com through the email client using my password, I am unable to do so when I login through www.gawab.com as it will keep saying that the password I entered in incorrect. This problem only exist in SeaMonkey as I am able to login using both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, I would be most grateful if he/she could share his/her solution with me. Many thanks, in advance.
therube

Post by therube »

"We're sorry. You seem to be using an unsupported browser.

Gawab webmail 3.0 is still experimental and only a few browsers are supported. Currently, the following browsers are known to work:

* Firefox 1.0 and later
* Mozilla 1.7 and later
* Internet Explorer 6 and later

We're working on supporting other browsers as well, but in the meantime we recommend using Firefox 1.5."
http://mail.gawab.com/error.html?errorC ... s&address=

So it looks to be a useragent gotcha.
Changing the UA to "look" like FF allows the site to work. (In addition, you need to have JavaScript enabled, & possibly adblock disabled.)

In about:config changing the preference item general.useragent.extra.seamonkey to Firefox/2.0 SeaMonkey/1.1.9 should get you working. (Other methods of spoofing the UA are posted in these forums.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript