MozillaZine

layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled in about:config

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Pim

Post Posted March 13th, 2017, 2:54 am

By accident, I found that SeaMonkey 2.52a1 now has a new about:config entry: layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled
Can anybody tell me anything about this one? It sounds promising, but a quick and dirty test shows that it does nothing. At least, not what I thought it might do.

So anyway, I find that I cannot search for this pref. No matter what search engine I use or if I wrap it in quotes or not, all I get is pages that happen to contain the individual words, but not the whole string.
Help?
Groetjes, Pim

barbaz

Post Posted March 13th, 2017, 10:02 am

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!

Pim

Post Posted March 13th, 2017, 11:24 am

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the sources to be able to tell from it if it's SVG only, or what it is they add the ref to. But thanks anyway!
Groetjes, Pim

barbaz

Post Posted March 13th, 2017, 11:54 am

You're welcome. :)

Pim wrote:Unfortunately I don't know enough about the sources to be able to tell from it if it's SVG only, or what it is they add the ref to.

Neither do I. I was hoping someone else could figure out what that code does.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!

vladmir

Post Posted March 18th, 2017, 9:06 pm

Pim

Post Posted March 19th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Ah, now I get it. Thank you!

For people who are interested, this flag disables the effect of the xml:base attribute for loading of resources in the style attribute.

So if you have a piece of XHTML code (not HTML)

Code: Select all
<div xml:base="http://storagesite.com/" style="background:url('picture.png')"></div>

this will normally load the background picture from the url http://storagesite.com/picture.png. But if you set layout.css.style-attr-with-xml-base.disabled, it won't work (it will only try the current directory, obviousy).
And the reason for this flag is that people want to remove xml:base altogether, and this flag will help in phasing it out (by making testing easier).
Groetjes, Pim

Return to SeaMonkey Builds