SeaMonkey 2.48 is under way

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
4td8s

Re: SeaMonkey 2.48 is under way

Post by 4td8s »

Bozz wrote:
mightyglydd wrote:Thanks guys, I just installed/uninstalled.(backed up profile).
First thing I noticed was that Custom Buttons titlebar toggle doesn't work; and I have a major aversion to title bars..back on .46, I'll wait.
Back in January, I was using akalla builds when custom buttons broke in Seamonkey. I found a couple of custom buttons mods that still works with the SM 2.48 build-1 candidate that I'm using at the moment. I bumped the max-version.

http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... 343fdf2f70
speaking of akalla's unofficial seamonkey builds, it seems the server that hosted his builds went down recently and is back up again but the akalla SM builds have not yet been restored:
https://unofficialseamonkeynews.wordpre ... %EF%B8%8F/
mozray

Post by mozray »

Frank Lion wrote:
mozray wrote:FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3029870
Are the searchbar search suggestions and searchbar history working on 2.49?
Not sure what you mean by search suggestions. If you mean powered by an online service like Google or Duck Duck Go, then I have no idea as I usually disable this type of functionality.

Search bar history is working though.
James

Post by James »

SeaMonkey 2.48 is now Officially out on https://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Looks like they need to update the link for 64-bit Linux on front page as it is in Release folder now. However it is still only en-US. Using it now.
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... ux-x86_64/

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... onkey2.48/
Automatic upgrades from previous versions are not working for this release. Please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.48 manually over the previous version.
James

Post by James »

DN123ABC wrote:1) Despite what you say, it is not "random". It is a very specific place people go to seeking out updates EXACTLY like this kind.
Only the SM 2.48 was not Officially out until today. Filehippo like a few others just grabbed from mirrors before ready and jumped the gun in posting it. The SeaMonkey community does not use any insert download sites to host Releases hence the random unofficial comment.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

James wrote:SeaMonkey 2.48 is now Officially out on https://www.seamonkey-project.org/
Quite interesting, clicking on the download link for the Windows version gives me a "Connection is Untrusted" warning!

Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on July 31st, 2017, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Quite interesting, clicking on the download link for the Windows version gives me a "Connection is Untrusted" warning!
Works for me. Are you using NoScript?
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

barbaz wrote:Works for me. Are you using NoScript?
I'm using NoScript, but I have allowed scripts globally.

--Edit--

I had to disable NoScript through the Add-ons Manager to get the page to load!
Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on July 31st, 2017, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Go to NoScript Options > Advanced > HTTPS, add to "Never force secure (HTTPS) connections for the following sites"

Code: Select all

download.cdn.mozilla.net
Does it work now?
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

barbaz wrote:Go to NoScript Options > Advanced > HTTPS, add to "Never force secure (HTTPS) connections for the following sites"

download.cdn.mozilla.net
Does it work now?
Yes. Thanks, barbaz! That works better than disabling NoScript. I have never run into this before!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Yes. Thanks, barbaz! That works better than disabling NoScript. I have never run into this before!
You're welcome.

I posted about this on NoScript forum: https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 10&t=23109
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mozray wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:
mozray wrote:FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3029870
Are the searchbar search suggestions and searchbar history working on 2.49?
Not sure what you mean by search suggestions. If you mean powered by an online service like Google or Duck Duck Go, then I have no idea as I usually disable this type of functionality.

Search bar history is working though.
Seems that not all 2.49 builds are created equal, as I still don't have SeaFox's findbar back on this build. But, searchbar suggestions/history are now OK again.

SeaFox is not blitzing the feeble 'toolbargrippies' on this one - which is not a problem (just use what you prefer) -

toolbargrippy { visibility: collapse !important;}
/*display: none !important;}*/
Apart from that, seems OK (albeit with a few crashes for no obvious reason) and some Emal client bugs seems to have been fixed.

Now, I realise that this thread is about 2.48 and not 2.49, but I also realise that 2.48 is based on the Firefox version that came out in January of this year, i.e. security update-wise, time is marching on.

@ML users - if SeaFox's findbar never gets properly fixed by Pat, then I can style this default one to look the same. The coding is different, but it'll look the same when I'm done....meantime, add this to the previous Seafox findbar 'fix' I posted earlier or be driven mad trying to get used to the closebutton being on the 'wrong' side :) -

.findbar-closebutton {
       -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;} 
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Frank,

Which version of 2.49 are you using. I'm currently on Akalla User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49., Build identifier: 20170528085107

tks,

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

ndebord wrote:Frank,

Which version of 2.49 are you using. I'm currently on Akalla User agent
Hi Nick,

I'm using an earlier official 2.49 build, as Akalla's site is/was down when I went to it (someone didn't pay their monthly gas bill according to the bug on it) I wasn't bothered as Akalla builds are supposed to be unofficial, so what's in them might not be the same as the final official release anyway (but probably will be)

Plus, the build I got is good enough for what I needed it for.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post by jimfitter »

James wrote:SeaMonkey 2.48 is now Officially out...
I was waiting for an automatic update. I didn't realize it could only be updated manually...until now. :-P
Inside every old man is a young man wondering what the hell happened. - Terry Pratchett
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Frank Lion wrote:
ndebord wrote:Frank,

Which version of 2.49 are you using. I'm currently on Akalla User agent
Hi Nick,

I'm using an earlier official 2.49 build, as Akalla's site is/was down when I went to it (someone didn't pay their monthly gas bill according to the bug on it) I wasn't bothered as Akalla builds are supposed to be unofficial, so what's in them might not be the same as the final official release anyway (but probably will be)

Plus, the build I got is good enough for what I needed it for.
Hi Frank,

Got way too busy here and didn't check mozillazine... Good to hear your earlier Akalla is working well enough for you, if not, let me know. Sure hope Adrian can get his site back up soon. Meanwhile, this Akalla build is working well enough, until such time as they can put out an ESR official.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome