HARD CRASH prior to password prompt!

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
RDaneel

HARD CRASH prior to password prompt!

Post by RDaneel »

On the latest (3/25) Build by Bill(tm) for Windows 64-bit...

I did my usual FULL profile backup, uninstalled the nightly from yesterday, installed the new one that just appeared - and crashed immediately to the crash reporter, BEFORE even seeing the prompt for the "master password". :(

Scrounged and installed one of the early "2.53.17b1pre" builds from about a month ago, seems happy with my profile.

This is really unusual... note that I am on Windows 11 "BETA Insiders/preview track", so they aren't exactly bleeding-edge - OTOH, they *did* just update to "Windows 11 Pro 22624.1470" yesterday.

Anything else anyone wants to know?
hardys

Re: HARD CRASH prior to password prompt!

Post by hardys »

Same here with WIN 10 prof. x64.
This SM build only works in save mode
frg

Post by frg »

Some testing code removed and e10s got turned on.
Put add user_pref("browser.tabs.remote.autostart", false); in your prefs.js. Will be fixed in the next build.
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

"Fixed" builds underway will be posted to https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/ with timestamp Mar 26 11:30
RDaneel

HARD CRASH prior to password prompt! [RESOLVED]

Post by RDaneel »

Thanks, f-r and Mr Bill - all seems to be back to normal with the "Mar 26 11:30" build [for Windows 11, all I can easily test]. :)

BTW, the "browser.tabs.remote.autostart" shows as defaulted to "false" without my doing anything - in this newer build, anyway (it wasn't clear if that was the substance of a "fix" or just a work-around).

I never remember exactly *how* to update the subject line to add "RESOLVED" so that people will not to need to read the thread... is it something outside of the normal "edit post" functionality?
wgianopoulos

Post by wgianopoulos »

As far as I know changing the default was the fix was some e10s code was removed which made browser.tabs.remote-autostart not being a valid thing to do because setting that to true is dependent on e10s. perhaps we need to visit the code that checks for the option being true.