Gmail contacts list is empty

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
oorwullie

Gmail contacts list is empty

Post by oorwullie »

Jasonb has listed as a bug on 28th Gmail contacts list is empty but I'm not seeing this in the current nightlies. Anyone else seeing/not seeing this?
SM, TBird & FF trunk nightlies; Win 8.1/Ubuntu; Apache OOo 4
============================================
therube

Re: Gmail contacts list is empty

Post by therube »

Contacts are working fine for me (not that I use them or had ever looked at them before).

There may be differences between FF & SeaMonkey pertaining to JavaScript engines & JIT & whatnot, Impressed With Non-JIT JS Speedups.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

oorwullie wrote:Jasonb has listed as a bug on 28th Gmail contacts list is empty but I'm not seeing this in the current nightlies. Anyone else seeing/not seeing this?

This is against Gecko 1.9.2a1pre. SeaMonkey 2.0b1pre is built against Gecko 1.9.1b<something>.

Phil
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

Thanks Phil, although I couldn't pick that up from the bug, which says that it blocks 1.9.1+
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

oorwullie wrote:Thanks Phil, although I couldn't pick that up from the bug, which says that it blocks 1.9.1+

Well it's a JIT bug so getting it in to 1.9.1 would certainly be a good thing for other users even if it doesn't do anything for you.

Phil
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

Philip Chee wrote:
oorwullie wrote:Thanks Phil, although I couldn't pick that up from the bug, which says that it blocks 1.9.1+

Well it's a JIT bug so getting it in to 1.9.1 would certainly be a good thing for other users even if it doesn't do anything for you.

Phil

Wow, you've kinda lost me there? Why should it affect some 1.9.1+ users and not others? :?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

oorwullie wrote:Wow, you've kinda lost me there? Why should it affect some 1.9.1+ users and not others? :?

What does your about:config entry for javascript.options.jit.content say? If you've turned it off you won't see the bug.

Phil
oorwullie

Post by oorwullie »

Philip Chee wrote:
oorwullie wrote:Wow, you've kinda lost me there? Why should it affect some 1.9.1+ users and not others? :?

What does your about:config entry for javascript.options.jit.content say? If you've turned it off you won't see the bug.

Phil

Unlike me, it's been true all the time! (Chrome is false, but I know that doesn't matter).
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

I'm having general difficulties with both the IMAP and POP protocols since yesterday's nightly builds:

Could not connect to mail server imap.gmail.com; the connection was refused.

May or may not be very related to the above cited problem.
Not-a-RINO

Post by Not-a-RINO »

I found that when you try to click To: in GMail the pop-up contacts window is blank. I have seen many posts where people are irritated and are ready to bail on GMail. I did find a solution that is time consuming, but simple.

When you imported your contacts in CSV format, it does not contain the names of your people. With this in mind, do the following:

Open GMail and click Mail and switch to Contacts.
Click on the first contact and copy (control-C) the email address.
Click to the right side of the name (it's shown as an email address) and put in the name of the person who owns the address.
Paste (control-V) the address into the email field after you save the edited name.
To test this procedure, go back to Mail, click on Compose and then click on the TO:. You should now see the contact you edited.
The bad news: You will have to edit ALL your contacts.
The good news: You will only have to do this once as GMail saves your data for you. 8-)