KaiRo Weekly Status Report, W09/2011

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Philip Chee

KaiRo Weekly Status Report, W09/2011

Post by Philip Chee »

Robert Kaiser wrote:Weekly Status Report, W09/2011

Here's a summary of SeaMonkey/Mozilla-related work I've done in week 09/2011 (February 28 - March 6, 2011):

• Build system:
    Went through reviews for the l10n.mk patch from Callek - apparently he's fully getting into living his new position in charge of build and release operations at SeaMonkey. ;-)

I slightly assisted in getting 2.0.12 out the door, but didn't have much actual time left to spend on it.

• Mozilla work / crash-stats:
    I blogged for getting input on what crash-stats users want so that I can help getting those issues into focus.

A lot of my time went into work on getting a measure for "explosiveness" of crashes so we can spot those that are significantly on the rise even faster in the future. I now have an algorithm I think looks good, we need to do more testing on real data, though.

I've also looked into a few other areas and had some planning talks with other "crashkill" people, and I personally think we as the Mozilla/Firefox community need to take a very close look on what's happening with malware these days, as more and more crash reports sound related to such issues.

• Search Bar and OpenSearch Engine Manager:
    Addressed the review comments on the optional search bar patch and improved it significantly, but it looks like we're not all done yet. Not sure when I can look into more things to be done there.

• German L10n:
    One more time, I synched up the German localization with SeaMonkey trunk.

• Various Discussions/Topics:
    More good Mozilla people seeking new challenges, SeaMonkey planning, Firefox getting an RC ready, assembling my new desktop system and trying to deal with drivers not being yet up to speed with this bleeding edge hardware, etc.

The list might not look that big, but I have been through a number of quite intense work sessions this week, esp. on the "explosiveness" and searchbar items, and I hope a lot of good will come out of both!

Entry written by KaiRo and posted on March 7th, 2011 22:55