SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 - BBC iPlayer full screen issue.

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
DJGM

SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 - BBC iPlayer full screen issue.

Post by DJGM »

I've installed SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 on this current machine running Windows 7 and on a second
machine running Windows XP. Attempting to stream any program on BBC iPlayer in full screen
does not work. Clicking on the full screen button makes the player controls disappear, and
the player does not switch to full screen mode.

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed (v10.2 r153) on both machines with this
and all other browsers (inc. SM 2.0.xx, Opera 11.xx, Safari 5.x, Firefox 4, IE8) yet this
issue does not appear with any of these other browsers.

Is this an issue with Flash, or the underlying version of Gecko 2.0 built into SM2.1b2?
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
DJGM

Re: SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 - BBC iPlayer full screen issue.

Post by DJGM »

Anyone?
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
therube

Post by therube »

Is this a sample stream, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_7/?
How do you make it full screen?
Is there a "full screen"?
Does it work in any browser?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

therube wrote:Is this a sample stream, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_7/?

That's a radio stream. The video streams don't play outside the UK (or at least not in the US), so I haven't been able to test those. :(
But then again, I may be wrong.
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

It's probably not much help, but FYI full-screen mode works fine with iPlayer on 2.0.13:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.18) Gecko/20110320 SeaMonkey/2.0.13
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

SM2.0.xx is what I usually use as my primary browser anyway. Strange thing is, although the
installs of SM2.1b2 are both very recent, I've put another installation on a virtual machine
with all the same add-ons, settings and version of Flash Player as the other installations,
yet in the VM, I can get the BBC iPlayer video streams to go full screen.

Even when I load SeaMonkey 2.1b2 with a clean new profile that has no add-ons natively on
the XP machine, the problem still exists ... no full screen on BBC iPlayer video streams.

Ultimately, I want this XP machine to be running SM2.1 when it's ready to be sold . . .

EDIT:
Looks like I've got this fixed on the XP machine, by installing 2.1b3pre . . .