Unwanted Add-ons Installed - SM 2.1b3

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
L.A.R. Grizzly

Unwanted Add-ons Installed - SM 2.1b3

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

When I updated to SM 2.1b2 (from b1) through the internal updater, Chatzilla, Dom Inspector and Java Debugger were installed (I hadn't had them installed before). I thought it was just a fluke and uninstalled them. I just did a clean install of SM 2.1b3 and made sure to de-select Chatzilla, Dom Inspector and Java Debugger. They were installed anyway and I had to uninstall them through the Add-ons Manager. Not a big deal, but it is annoying! [-X
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.10.0esr, Thunderbird 115.10.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Iggyz

Re: Unwanted Add-ons Installed - SM 2.1b3

Post by Iggyz »

I can confirm this behavior. Although I didn't uncheck Chatzilla during the install I did the others. But what I had unchecked still installed anyway. Is that normal testing behavior or a bug?
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Add-ons management has recently changed and those bundled ones moved from the installation folder to the individual profile folders. I think they're still trying to make it fool-proof for the end user in time for the actual release.

rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Iggyz wrote:I can confirm this behavior. Although I didn't uncheck Chatzilla during the install I did the others. But what I had unchecked still installed anyway. Is that normal testing behavior or a bug?

Was that a new installation (i.e., without a profile) or an upgrade with an existing profile? If I read the responses correctly in the second bug report, the problem shouldn't occur when a new profile is created, otherwise it may be worth filing a bug on the installer no longer doing it properly (if there isn't one filed yet).
Iggyz

Post by Iggyz »

If I remember correctly it was a clean install. Moved profile data into proper folder. Opened browser switched default profile. Deleted original default profile.

For some of the nightly builds I just updated with current profile in place. But with SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 I did what I consider a "clean" install.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Ok, someone filed bug 649810 on it.