Is SeaMonkey Headed for Australis?

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
patrickjdempsey

Re: Is SeaMonkey Headed for Australis?

Post by patrickjdempsey »

casper1975 wrote:Another thing I'd like to see is the return of the options to select the components you want to install & a quick launch feature like the older versions.

There still is some options, chat is still a separate component extension. Also, startup in a clean profile is the same as Firefox, about 3 seconds.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Exalm

Post by Exalm »

patrickjdempsey wrote:
casper1975 wrote:Another thing I'd like to see is the return of the options to select the components you want to install & a quick launch feature like the older versions.

There still is some options, chat is still a separate component extension. Also, startup in a clean profile is the same as Firefox, about 3 seconds.
Quick Launch is preloading SM(/Mozilla/NC) when you log in to the desktop.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Right, but who needs that when the application opens up in the time it takes to sip some coffee? ;)
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
casper1975

Post by casper1975 »

ElTxolo wrote:
I think It would be fantastic If they could provide the Australis theme as a option but keep the same layout using the theme.

Image If you like the (removed by moderator) of Australis, your option is fairly clear, use firefox. :evil:

It was just a suggestion that's all I did look at one of the Australis builds of Firefox but I did not like the layout but the appearance In relation to the new theme looked O,K.
SnoutSpout

Post by SnoutSpout »

casper1975 wrote:It was just a suggestion that's all I did look at one of the Australis builds of Firefox but I did not like the layout but the appearance In relation to the new theme looked O,K.

Considering how buggy the current implementation of Australis is on Firefox itself there's no way that something community-supported will be stepping into those shark waters with their limited resources. You would have better luck (a snowball's chance in heck) in waiting for someone to do a full theme of it.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

rsx11m wrote:I'm rather confident that SeaMonkey will retain its own look and feel, it has resisted in the past many "improvements" the Firefox people came up with. However, if they (Firefox) eventually start removing capabilities from the shared Toolkit code, SeaMonkey would have to jump in to compensate for that. But, let's see.

Good to know. :)
SeaMonkey is my default browser on my computer and I use Firefox as a backup.
Both are good browsers IMHO.
I do like using both, but, SeaMonkey is my favorite. :D